- Dublin City Centre / Dublin South / Dublin
- Not disclosed
- Permanent full-time
Merrion Fertility Clinic is a not-for-profit organisation affiliated to the National Maternity Hospital. It is one of the leading providers of Assisted Reproduction Services in Ireland. We currently have a vacancy for an experienced Senior Embryologist to join our dynamic team.
Carrying out approximately 600 IVF / ICSI cycles per annum, we offer the full range of laboratory diagnostics and assisted conception techniques including; blastocyst culture, vitrification, surgical sperm retrieval, egg freezing, donor sperm and time lapse incubation.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a diligent and highly motivated individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Applicants must have the ability to work independently as well as within a multi-disciplinary team, be able to apply their knowledge and skills at the highest level and be able to prioritise workloads effectively.
This is a full-time, contract of indefinite duration. It will require on-call and weekend work on a rotational basis.
All applicants are asked to provide a cover letter with their CV.
40 hour working week, ordinarily Mon-Fri 8:00am to 4:00pm. Weekend work will be expected on a rotational basis. Out of hours on-call rota also applies.
Minimum 4 years experience.
Minimum BSc. in a related field (MSc/PhD preferable)
Commensurate with experience.
- The Embryologist will work as part of the laboratory team and is expected to apply scientific knowledge, skill and expertise at the required professional level for the full range of clinical embryology procedures in the provision of high quality care to patients.
- The successful candidate will carry out all laboratory procedures necessary to provide a comprehensive assisted conception service, whilst adhering to all relevant standard operating procedures.
- Laboratory tasks will include (but are not limited to) semen analysis and preparation both for diagnostic and clinical applications (including preparation of surgically retrieved sperm); oocyte retrievals; inseminations (IVF and ICSI); fertilisation checks; embryo and blastocyst assessments and transfers, gamete/embryo vitrification and warming.
- Experience with embryo biopsy and PGT is essential as MFC are currently in the process of introducing a PGT service.
- The Embryologist must also contribute to service evaluation, audit, troubleshooting and the refinement of quality control measures. They will audit data, assess performance indicators and work to improve patient information, service and treatment outcome.
- The successful candidate should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work with exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- Merrion Fertility Clinic strives to provide a full range of services to our patients and continuously aims to improve those already available. The successful candidate would be required to assist and/or manage the development and introduction of new projects.