Objective Experienced Embryologist with a demonstrated history of working in the medical practice industry in UK, Malta and India.Skilled in In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), ICSI, Clinical Research, Life Sciences, Time-Lapse imaging, and Healthcare services.
Appointments and Clinical Expertise
Sussex downs & Kent fertility Unit Aug 2021 – Jul 2022
Head of Embryology & HFEA Person Responsible- HCPC Registered Aug-2021 – Sep 2021
- Maintain and monitor quality control measures & clinical data to ensure optimal laboratory performance and pregnancy outcomes.
- Develop and contribute to improving all laboratory procedures, including oocyte retrieval, ICSI, embryo transfer, embryo biopsy, oocyte & embryo vitrification and warming, cryopreservation.
- Perform, manage, and train the embryology team on the core duties in accordance with laboratory policies
- To manage and review all standard operating procedures and implement best practice across all sites.
- The management of the implementation of decisions regarding the embryology area.
- To manage the normal rota of duties, including weekend work, on-call rota, Planning, and working bank holidays. administration, analysis, and reporting
- To manage the budgets, costs and income for the Embryology service and develop and contribute to the business plan and growth
- HFEA Person responsible
- To maintain and monitor high levels of safety, regulatory requirements for the HFEA registration.
- To work closely with the quality managers and the management team to ensure audits, patient complaints, safety, data monitoring is recorded and continually monitored.
- Responsible for the clinical governance reviews, management reviews and regular KPI and outcome monitoring.
- To manage all the reports, inspections and data submission to the HFEA
Homerton University Hospital. London Feb 2020 – July 2021
Laboratory Manager- HCPC Registered
- Responsibility for overseeing the daily laboratory rotas, including weekend and on-call cover, with work allocated to appropriately trained and qualified staff, and implementing adjustments as required.
- To create a positive working environment and motivate & encourage other members of staff
- To commit to effective communication and cooperation within the laboratory team and other functional areas by participating in clinic wide meetings
- To supervise and train junior embryologists and perform midyear/end of the year appraisal.
- To write and maintain standard operating procedures as practices and technology develop.
- To assist the Laboratory Director and the Quality Manager in ensuring that the Quality Management System is updated and adhered to in the laboratory area.
- Responsibility for ensuring weekly, monthly and annual laboratory checks are completed
- To conduct a clinical audit and review the results.
- To be aware of laboratory performance to identify opportunities to improve the laboratory function.
- To assist in the introduction of new methodology in the laboratory area.
Homerton University Hospital. London Jan 2019 – Feb 2020
Deputy laboratory Manager- HCPC Registered
- To ensure the delivery of all embryology and andrology services for the assessment and treatment of infertility under full compliance with HFEA regulations at the clinic.
- To manage the andrology/embryology area resources, including staff, with a view to achieve the clinic's objectives, and to ensure cost-effective work practices. This involves the patients' sense of care which ensure that the patients' experience of the clinic is as good as possible.
- To ensure that all procedures undertaken in the andrology/embryology area are conducted and documented in accordance with the clinics' QMS as well as the HFEA Code of Practice and other regulatory requirements such as ISO and the Care Quality Commission.
- To be involved in the planning, review, execution, and reporting of research projects involving the andrology/embryology area and to ascertain regulatory compliance.
- To work with the Quality Manager to ensure that the Quality Management System is updated in the andrology/embryology area.
- Experience in performing laboratory procedure risk assessment and preparing internal incident report to liaise with HFEA.
Homerton University Hospital. London Feb 2012 – Dec 2018
Clinical Embryologist - HCPC Registered
- Oocyte collection and for identification and grading of oocytes.
- SSR procedures and subsequent processing and freezing of any retrieved sperm.
- Ability to analyse semen samples and prepare sperm from fresh or frozen samples, partner or donor for IUI/DI, IVF, ICSI or IMSI treatment.
- Ability to carry out ICSI/IMSI/PICSI in treatment.
- Perform Embryo transfer
- Oocyte and embryo vitrification
- Knowledge of entering procedures on IDEAS and report to HFEA by sending EDI for all treatment
- Disposal of embryos and gametes in appropriate manner with necessary consents in place
- Ability to communicate information and updates to patients and to maintain high standards of communication between colleagues to ensure effective work management within a large multidisciplinary team.
- Import/export gamete between the clinic and with donor banks
- Expertise in performing and presenting annual audits as part of HFEA requirement
Homerton University Hospital. London Aug 2008– Jan 2012
- Identification & grading of oocytes.
- Culture of oocytes and insemination (IVF).
- Embryo assessment, culture and transfer.
- Vitrification and thawing of embryos.
- Preparation of culture media.
- Semen analysis & antisperm antibodies testing (WHO Guidelines).
- Preparation of fresh and cryopreserved sperm for IUI, IVF, ICSI. Cryopreservation of semen, epididymal sperm and testicular biopsies.
- Management of Donor Sperm Program.
Mater Dei Hospital. Malta : Consultant Embryologist Jan 2016 - Dec 2018
NOVA IVI Fertility Clinic. India: Trainee Embryologist Apr 2006 - Feb 2008
Safal Fertility Foundation. India: Andrologist Feb 2004 - Mar 2006
Education and Qualification
MSc on Molecular Cell biology and genetics Jun 2001 - Apr 2003
BSc on Zoology Jun 1999 – Apr 2001
Research and Paper presentation
- Poster presentation - ACE 2016 Newcastle, London
Topic: Can elective freezing and subsequent transfer improve clinical outcomes for IVF/ICSI patients?
- Poster presentation - ACE 2011 Dublin, Ireland
Topic: Change of practise from day-2/3 to a flexible policy of day-5 embryo transfer
References available on request