Nurse Satellite Co-ordinator
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Job Title Nurse Satellite Co-Ordinator (Canterbury)
Accountable to General Manager/Site Consultant
Qualifications Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife
- To act at all times in accordance with the Human Fertilisation & Embryology Authority (HFEA) Code of Practice, the National Healthcare Standards Commission and the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) Code of Conduct, CQC & ISO9001.
- To promote and maintain a high standard of patient care at all times following and adhering to all CRGH policies and protocols.
- To communicate effectively with all members of the Unit and maintain continuity of patient care, without discrimination or prejudice against a person(s) sex, religion, age, race, ethnicity, quality or diversity.
- Establish and provide good relationships with patients and their relatives and respect all confidential information received, in accordance with HFEA and GDPR guidelines.
- To communicate effectively with the Canterbury Satellite team of doctors, nurses and receptionist, maintaining continuity of patient care both at the Canterbury Clinic and Great Portland Street site.
- Key contact as the Nurse Satellite Co-ordinator for dealing with inquiries in a professional manner and to conclusion, escalating where appropriate.
- Greet both patients and visitors in a professional manner, acting appropriately and remain level- headed in emergencies, stressful situations or through change.
- Key point of contact for patient escalations and report concerns regarding patient(s) to clinician on site or General Manager. Ensuring matters are dealt with sensitively, investigated and responded to promptly, until resolution.
- To ensure Reception Team are productive and efficiently managing arriving patients to their appointments on IDEAS system and managing the patient’s waiting time, assisting when necessary.
- Proactively attend to any issues that delay the patient or visitor being seen on time and adherence to CRGH waiting times of no more than 20 minutes from appointment to being seen.
- To promote the Canterbury Satellite service and its role in the private as well as the NHS sector, acting in a professional manner at all times
- To ensure that patients are protected from unnecessary physical and mental disturbance hence ensuring his/her safety and well-being at all times.
- Increase knowledge of fertility treatment to assist patients in their understanding of this complex treatment.
- To answer queries and send information to prospective patients when requested.
- To answer queries and of prospective patients, patients undergoing treatment or awaiting outcome of treatment, providing reassurances.
- To act as chaperone at consultations and as required.
- To provide detailed information and support following consultation.
- If appropriate recommend counselling relating to patient treatment, in accordance with HFEA guidelines.
- To give prescribed injections to patients undergoing treatment at the Unit, as required.
- To take bloods and swabs for screening, as required and ensure the courier collection service to TDL works efficiently
- To prepare the treatment room for procedures and ensure they remain well stocked.
- To complete appropriate paperwork associated with all and any of the above points.
Specific Nurse Satellite Co-Ordinator
- Oversee daily running of the Canterbury Satellite Clinic, including the control of consumable stock, stationery, equipment, brochures etc
- Ensure patient areas are tidy, clean and the building is secure
- Escalate any IT or Utility (gas/electric/water), issues immediately to General Manager and Maintenance Manager to avoid any impact to services
- Liaise with Clinicians and Satellite staff in the running of the Unit
- Organise daily timetable for Nurses, maintain holiday rota, etc.
- Maintain Professional Development (CPD) credits as a Registered Nurse, conduct annual appraisals with staff, also ensure mandatory training completed annually
- Assist with preparation for the HFEA and CQC inspections