About the Role
The IVF Genetics Embryologist Lead is a unique role which you will lead, direct, manage and develop all aspects of the Genetics program. This includes testing of Gametes and embryos.
Location – The Lister Hospital, Chelsea Bridge Rd, London SW1W 8RH
This role is 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday plus rotational Weekends
This role offers an attractive and competitive salary plus 4% shift enhancement for Weekends & Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Day to day operational management of sperm and embryo genetics programme
- To work closely with the IVF laboratory director, head of nursing, and medical director within the IVF unit
- Ensuring all administration functions within the genetics programme operates efficiently and all non-clinical and clinical patient queries are dealt with promptly.
- Work with the IVF unit’s quality manager to ensure that all internal audit policies and procedures are communicated and carried out within the genetics team on a timely basis. Be supportive in implementing best practice and prepared to make recommendations on good internal control processes
- To lead the management and progressive development of a high quality and customer responsive services offered by the IVF Genetics department.
- To manage the services efficiently and cost-effectively in a calm professional manner recognising the various changing needs of patients, consultants and staff.
- To ensure training of embryologists meet governing body requirements and the business objectives.
- Participate in all aspects of routine embryology
Skills & Experience
- HCPC Registered
- Previous Biopsy experience
- BSc or higher degree
- Previous experience in submitting PGT-M applications to the HFEA
- Knowledge of the HFEA code of practice in relation to the genetics program and all aspects of embryology
- Knowledge of Health & Safety at Work regulations for laboratory workers
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
The Lister Fertility Clinic, based at the main hospital site, is widely recognised as one of the leading fertility centres in the UK. Since opening in 1988, it has consistently maintained its reputation as being one of the most successful IVF clinics in the country.