Belfast Fertility, Edgewater Road
Belfast, United Kingdom
We, TFP, are looking for brilliant minds and passionate hearts to help us shape the future of fertility health. We are one of the largest fertility service providers in Europe operating our IVF clinics and egg/sperm freezing banks in currently 6 countries. We have embarked on the mission to use technology to provide parents with a memorable best-in-class fertility journey that leads to the best outcome – starting a family!
At TFP, we make families. We shape fertility journeys around people’s lives. We provide an outstanding customer experience by showing that we care, build trust, deliver our expertise, drive innovation and demonstrate our patients our passion on a day-by-day basis. We are recruiting for a Fertility Nurse to join the expanding team at TFP Belfast Fertility, Northern Ireland’s longest-serving private fertility clinic.
The post-holder will be one of a group of specialist nurses working within the Belfast Assisted Conception Unit where treatments offered range from Ovulation Induction, Donor Insemination to Assisted Conception Techniques. These include Intra-Uterine Insemination, In Vitro Fertilisation, Intra-cytoplasmic Sperm Injection, egg sharing and donation, stem cell research and Surgical Sperm Retrieval.
- Nurses will be responsible and accountable for assessing, planning and implementing high quality care to meet the individual needs of the patients.
- Will develop skills in the management and care of couples undergoing assisted reproductive techniques.
- Be responsible for the efficient day to day running of the assisted conception unit and for supervising, healthcare assistants and multi-professional students.
- Assist with Ultrasound scans.
- To develop a satisfactory level of clinical competence in ART skills e.g. plan and co-ordinate treatment cycles, to undertake specific investigations such as endocrine profiles.
- To assist in the management, and support of sub-fertile couples before, during and after treatment cycles, developing a therapeutic environment to meet the individual needs of the couples.
- To demonstrate use of excellent communication skills to support patients and families in highly stressful situations (e.g. breaking bad news, diagnosis of ectopic or miscarriage, managing bereavement and anger management) both face to face and over the telephone.
- To keep accurate records for each patient of all communication both and clinical activity relevant to his/her treatment, in line with NMC regulations. To help with the production of written information to meet the changing expectation of the needs of the couples/patients. To assist with the collation of all data resulting from the procedures and transfer this to the records on the computer and into the patient notes to satisfy HFEA regulations.
- In conjunction with senior nursing staff to be responsible for the booking of the patient’s treatment cycle, planning drug prescribing and liaising with GPs. To explain the individualised treatment schedule including the potential side effects of the drug treatment and demonstration of injection technique with the use of subcutaneous injection pen.
- To co-ordinate oocyte retrieval and embryo transfer/intrauterine insemination, donor insemination, provide appropriate counselling, support and advice with cycle outcome.
- To demonstrate dexterity, accuracy and attention to detail in the preparing of specialist equipment for procedures to be undertaken within the unit/ward whilst adhering to Local policies e.g. intravenous drug administration. Taking blood samples, catheterisation etc and to ensure that staff are trained and supported to develop these skills.
- To supervise and assist in the preparation and care of the patient and her partner before, during and after the above procedures. To demonstrate initiative and provide support in assisting medical staff with procedures e.g. performing transvaginal ultrasound guided oocyte retrieval.
- To demonstrate an ability to concentrate for prolonged periods and to apply accuracy and attention to detail even in adverse conditions e.g. preparing and utilising specialist equipment.
Full Role Profile Can be provided upon Request
Qualifications and Experience:
- 1st level registration with NMC
- Interest in Women’s Health
- Knowledge of change management
- Understanding of clinical governance and audit issues
- Ability to motivate self and others
- Physical aptitude to undertake periods of prolonged physical effort and to manual handle.
- Committed to the advancement of nursing
- 27 Days Annual Leave (Plus Bank Holidays)
- 6% Matched Pension Scheme (Salary Sacrifice)
- Free Staff Parking
- Life Assurance x 4
||Experienced Midwife / Nurse
||Competitive (Depending on Experience)
||Once position is filled