Wessex Fertility at the Freya Centre
Southampton, United Kingdom
Wessex Fertility is part of the Fertility Partnership, which is one of the largest providers of IVF in the UK. Our clinics, our staff and our patients, benefit from the partnership and all the expertise within the group.
To work within the Wessex Fertility (WF) embryology team and assist the Laboratory Manager / Deputy in delivering a high quality laboratory service. To liaise and work closely with the clinical and administrative teams in order to assist with supporting patients attending the clinic. To play a key role in the maintenance and continual development of the multidisciplinary team.
- To work under the direction of the Embryology Manager / Deputy / Lead Embryologist.
- To maintain standards of professionalism performed in line with the ACE Code of Conduct.
- To undertake in house laboratory practitioner training / induction and achieve a satisfactory level of competence.
- To maintain confidentiality and ensure patients’ rights and dignity are maintained at all times.
- To attend embryology team meetings as required.
- To carry out all aspects of embryology and andrology laboratory practice as detailed in the person specification, in accordance with established clinic standard operating procedures (SOPs) and to act as a witness for these procedures as required.
- To take part in the weekend duty and bank holiday rota as required.
- To maintain effective communication at all times with patients, medical staff, nursing staff, and other colleagues regarding treatments as appropriate.
- To maintain accurate, timely and legible patient records, either by written or computerised documentation, of procedures performed in line with the clinic’s quality SOPs.
- To actively assist in the collection of accurate, reliable, and timely patient data in line with the clinic’s quality SOPs.
- To contribute to the development and maintenance of the Wessex Fertility quality management system (QMS).
- To assist with laboratory stock take and re-ordering as required ensuring that adequate supplies are kept available and a stock rotation system is adhered to.
- To assist with embryo/sperm cryo-storage management as required.
- To participate in laboratory quality control routines as required.
- To assist with compilation and validation of laboratory statistics as required.
- To assist with organising and coordinating routine laboratory maintenance as required.
- To undertake any other duties as required by the Embryology Manager / Deputy.
||Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally have a BSc in Life Science and/or a minimum of 2 years laboratory experience
- Desirable: ACE Certificate in Clinical Embryology
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience using patient databases and other relevant software
- Able to solve problems and work to deadlines
||29 June 2018