GCRM Fertility, Glasgow is part of the Fertility Partnership, which is one of the largest providers of IVF in the UK. Our clinics, our staff and our patients, benefit from the partnership and all the expertise within the group.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated embryologist to join our highly experienced, friendly team at GCRM Fertility. The successful candidate will work within the GCRM Fertility embryology team. In addition, GCRM Fertility actively partakes in national and international research trials and encourages involvement of our own staff in such research opportunities.
This role is at present a 12 months Maternity cover, with potential to turn permanent.
To perform all IVF procedures, including micromanipulation procedures. The post holder will be working towards State Registration and/or the ACE Certificate/equivalent knowledge and will consolidate practical experience with theoretical knowledge whilst working with a high degree of professionalism within the laboratory team. There will be some extra responsibilities to help the laboratory function smoothly and within the law. In addition there may be involvement in training and supervision of more junior staff or visitors.
- To become fully proficient in all essential IVF, andrology and cryopreservation procedures within the laboratory and to carry them out to the highest standards in order to achieve the best outcome for patients
- To become trained in specialised micromanipulation techniques like ICSI and biopsy, and carry them out to the highest standards
- To work towards State Registration and consolidate previous training in order to acquire the high level of theoretical knowledge essential for the provision of various fertility treatments
- To take an appropriate level of responsibility for a designated task or for administrative duties within the laboratory or unit, as directed to do so by the Consultant Embryologist or Senior staff and to be proactive and show initiative in trying to develop or improve all services and results
- To undertake an appropriate proportion of the workload and to work independently, though requiring varying degrees of supervision, within a team structure under the general direction of senior staff. To prioritise own additional areas of responsibility
- To identify problems or trends, technical or otherwise, that arise within the laboratory and inform a Senior Embryologist or the Consultant Embryologist in a timely manner
- To make decisions upon the most appropriate form of patient treatment based on experience of handling gametes and to advise patients and other staff accordingly, ensuring that any necessary and informed consents are then completed. Such decisions always must be in conjunction with a more senior colleague or clinician
- To bring any unexpected results to the attention a more senior colleague
- To demonstrate high levels of communication skills and professionalism when dealing with patients so that service users are able to make informed choices regarding their treatment or future management and when conveying sensitive and sometimes distressing news and information to patients by telephone or face to face
- The post is ideally suited to candidates with about 2 years clinical experience or more and candidates who wish to expand on their clinical experience and take on specific areas of responsibility. ICSI or biopsy experience is desirable though not essential as training will be given.
- The candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, be a team player, able to work independently and have good attention to detail in order to help deliver a high quality laboratory service.
- Being HCPC registered or working towards would be very much desired for this post.
12 Months Maternity Cover
Location - GCRM Glasgow
Salary - Up to £34,000 (Depending on Experience)
Closing Date - 30th April 2021
Permanent post subject to 6 month probation period.
Annual leave entitlement 27 days, with leave year starting on 1 January.
Group Personal Pension Scheme consisting of 6% employee contribution and 6% employer contribution.