Dr. Paresh M. MaKwana
ASRM Certified Embryologist
India | +91-7984623850
[email protected] | https://www.linkedin.com/in/drpareshmakwana/
Transformative, detail-oriented, and highly effective professional leveraging proven experience and education in embryology to achieve diverse institutional goals and objectives.
Especially adept at ensuring proper preparation of media to be utilized in sperm washing and capacitation for In-Vitro-Fertilization (IVF), embryo culture, transfer, and freeze, and testicular sperm biopsy, subsequently sterilizing through filtration and adjustment of osmolarity and pH.
Keen understanding of Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) and Intracytoplasmic Morphology Selected Sperm Injection (IMSI) as an alternative to IVF as a means through which to facilitate examination and selection of sperm through utilization of high-magnification digital imaging microscopes for microinjection into the egg.
Well-versed in all facets of In-Vitro-Maturation (IVM), including immature oocyte collection, egg storage and maturation, and Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS) prevention.
Proficient in training and developing national and international embryologists, performing micromanipulation, preparing microsurgical epididymal sperm aspirates, preparing testicular biopsy specimens, preparing embryos for transfer, maintaining equipment, and supporting retrieval and orchestration of data.
Skilled in planning and executing blastocyst biopsies to determine whether or not blastocysts have passed genetic screening and can be transferred or frozen for later use, as well as in utilizing Laser-Assisted Hatching to create shell gaps through which embryos can easily be hatched and implant post Embryo Transfer.
Education and Credentials
Master of Business Administration, Healthcare Science, 2012
Sikkim Manipal University
Master of Veterinary Science, Animal Biotechnology, 2009
Anand Agricultural University
Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry, 2005
Anand Agricultural University
Embryology Certificate Course, 2020
American Society for Reproductive Medicine
Human Assisted Reproductive Technology Certificate Course in ART
Embryology Academy of Research and Training & Centre for Reproductive Medicine
WINGS Hospital, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
CHIEF EMBRYOLOGIST; CENTRE HEAD (2015 to Present)
Maintained complete oversight and led all facets of andrology, embryology, and hospital-based management and administration. Coordinated and oversaw equipment election, patient data records maintenance, quality control, ART lab design, CME support, conference organization, website content, consent form, and brochure preparation, and economical stock maintenance. Directed operations for all five centres of WINGS hospital while serving as Centre Head.
- Planned and executed training for National and International Embryologists.
- Successful in planning, organizing, and delivering lectures of many conferences and workshops.
- Leveraged well-cultivated understanding of ICSI/IMSI/embryo biopsy/oocyte, sperm, and embryo vitrification to achieve wide array of milestones.
- Demonstrate keen andrology acumen, including planning and execution of semen analyses, sperm preparation for IUI, sperm freezing, and PESA, TESA, and Micro TESA sampling, preparation, and ICSI.
- Illustrate proficiency in all areas of embryology, including IVM, IVF, ICSI, IMSI, oocyte staining, laser assisted embryo hatching, blastocyst biopsies and culture, oocyte, D3, and D5 embryo vitrification and thawing, and oocyte, D3, and D5 embryo grading.
ISHA Hospital, Vadodara, Gujarat, India
Gaudium IVF & Gynae Solutions, New Delhi, India
Senior/chief embryologist (2012 to 2015)
Held accountability for preparing sperm for Intra Uterine Insemination and executing in-vitro-fertilization, intra cytoplasmic sperm injection, embryo vitrification, and laser-assisted embryo hatching. Maintained consummate record of patient data, led economical purchase of media, and engaged in ongoing quality control.
Kamineni Fertility Centre
embryologist (2010 to 2012)
Engaged in all facets of assisted reproductive techniques and ongoing lab quality control. Cultivated and leveraged experience in ART lab design and selection of best equipment to facilitate seamless execution of daily lab functions.
Veterinary Officer – Government of Gujarat, India (Goat Breeding Farm) (2009)
Veterinary Officer – Co-Operative Dairy, Bharuch, Gujarat, India (2005)
Training & Development
In-Vitro-Maturation – In-Vitro-Fertilization
Human Assisted Reproduction Technology (Certificate)
Executive Committee Member (ACE) – Member & Treasurer (Indian Fertility Society)
Lifetime Member (Fertility Preservation Society – Active Member (ASRM)
- Influence of different categories of follicle on quality and quantity of oocytes with respect to their In Vitro maturation and In Vitro fertilization in Surti buffalo.
- Induction of luteolysis in buffaloes by utilizing a micro dose of PGFα along with acupuncture
- Induction of luteolysis in buffaloes using a micro dose of pgf2α along with acupuncture, by R.G. Shah, P.M. Makwana, N.H. Kelawala and R.S. Joshi in the indian journal of field veterinarians
- Influence of different quality of buffalo oocytes on their in vitro maturation and in vitro fertilization by P.M. Makwana 1 , R. G. Shah 2 and R. P. Singh 3 in the Indian journal of animal reproduction
- Influence of different categories of follicles and presence of cl on recovery rate, quality and quantity of buffalo oocytes by P. M. Makwana 1, R. G. Shah 2, and R. P. Singh 3 in the Indian journal of animal reproduction