Boston Place Fertility Clinic, London is part of the Fertility Partnership, which is one of the largest providers of IVF in the UK. Our clinics, our staff and our patients, benefit from the partnership and all the expertise within the group.
To perform standard andrology and embryology procedures under the supervision of a State Registered Clinical Embryologist. As part of the embryology team, a trainee embryology practitioner will be expected to perform a vast range of essential tasks in accordance with authorised standard operating procedures. The post holder will be involved in clinical decision making under the direct supervision of the laboratory team and state registered clinical scientists.
Andrology and embryology procedures performed under the supervision of a Clinical Scientist
- Diagnostic analysis of semen samples
- Semen cryopreservation
- Semen preparation for treatment
- Production of accurate reports
- Perform oocyte collections
- IVF inseminations
- Routine embryo grading (morphologically and morphokinetically)
- Embryo transfers
- Embryo cryopreservation and thawing
- Surgical sperm retrievals
- Communicate with colleagues, patients, and members of the public in a polite, helpful, and positive manner.
General laboratory duties
- Participation in the witnessing process
- Preparation of culture dishes for all treatment cycles
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Laboratory cleaning and adherence to the unit’s standards of cleanliness, hygiene, and infection control policy
- Ensuring traceability within the laboratory
- Reporting of any non-conformities to senior staff
- BSC in Life Sciences
- Experience in working in a laboratory
- Attention to detail in practical work and record keeping
- Empathy and understanding the needs of patients
- Highly motivated and willing to learn new skills in order to develop clinical practice
- Knowledge of human physiology
Terms and conditions
- Permanent post subject to 6 month probation period.
- Full-time 37.5 hours per week.
- Annual leave entitlement 27 days, with leave year starting on 1 January.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme consisting of 6% employee contribution and 6% employer contribution.