Theatre Nurse / Operating Department Practitioner (ODP)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Nurture Fertility Nottingham, plus our 2 satellite clinics, is part of the Fertility Partnership, one of the largest providers of IVF in the UK. Our clinics, our staff and our patients all benefit from the partnership and all the expertise within the group.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a large, dynamic clinic. The Operating Department Practitioner or Theatre nurse will be expected to work in a small multi-disciplinary team providing care and support to patients undergoing fertility treatment in our day case unit. They will also need to provide housekeeping duties and be proficient in the theatre related procedures including patient recovery.
The role is 32 hours per week, but will require flexibility to work extra hours, bank holidays and 1 Sunday per month.
- To be completely confidential in all matters pertaining to Nurture Fertility and The Fertility Partnership and to observe data protection and associated information governance guidelines where appropriate.
- To co-operate with Nurture Fertility in complying with relevant health and safety legislation and policies and procedures for the proper performance of duties.
- To be aware of the HFEA Code of Practice and Guidelines and to practice in accordance with these and other statutory and regulatory requirements.
- To assist in the preparation and presentation of information for internal and external regulatory inspections.
- To be fully aware of Nurture Fertility’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and to understand the Quality Management System and to contribute to their development and update as required.
- To contribute to quality assurance, auditing, data input and record keeping, including maintaining accurate clinical databases.
- To comply with set Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- To communicate effectively and appropriately with diverse groups of people including all staff, patients and professionals from other disciplines.
- To be courteous, polite and communicate professionally with patients and other members of the public in helpful manner, ensuring as positive an experience as possible.
- To work with information/digital technology and follow relevant IT policies and procedures.
- To actively assist in marketing efforts and help project the image of Nurture Fertility in a positive way at all times.
- To maintain a clean, safe environment, ensuring adherence to the Clinic’s standards of cleanliness, hygiene and infection control policy and procedures at all time.
- To develop, apply and update knowledge, specialist skills and expertise in order to contribute to the provision and optimisation of clinical services at Nurture Fertility.
- To undergo and actively participate in personal performance appraisals and competency reviews in accordance with the clinic’s policy.
- To undertake and be compliant with all mandatory training.
- To contribute to on-going research projects and to external or collaborative research.
- HPCC or NMC Registration or equivalent
- Relevant Anaesthetic Nurse qualification or Diploma in Operation Department Practice are highly desirable but not essential
- Relevant, recent experience and expertise in assisting the provision of anaesthesia and / or sedation and recovery, for example in theatres or other hospital settings, is required
- Effective communication skills regarding medical topics with both patients and colleagues
- Interest in fertility and/or gynaecological nursing desirable
- ILS certification essential
- Experience of working in a day case setting desirable.
||Relevant Anaesthetic Nurse qualification or Diploma in Operation Department Practice are highly desirable but not essential
Relevant, recent experience and expertise in assisting the provision of anaesthesia and / or sedation and recovery, for example in theatres or other hospital settings, is required
Effective communication skills regarding medical topics with both patients and colleagues
Interest in fertility and/or gynaecological nursing desirable
ILS certification essential
Experience of working in a day case setting desirable.
||HPCC or NMC Registration or equivalent
||Once position is filled