Senior Fertility Nurse
CARE Fertility London
London, United Kingdom
| | | | Apply Now!
Park Lorne, 111 Park Road,
London, NW8 7JL
Senior Fertility Nurse (Full Time hours, 37.5 hours per week)
As a Senior Fertility Nurse you will need to have prior experience of working in an IVF setting. You will be expected to perform a wide range of clinical duties including coordinating and monitoring of treatment cycles, working in theatre and recovery, venepuncture, injection teaching and assisting with transabdominal ultrasound. Additionally the post will be responsible for management duties and working towards extended roles including transvaginal ultrasound scanning and prescribing.
Fertility Nurses at CARE benefit from being part of a highly professional, multi-disciplinary team. We will give you advice, guidance and excellent learning opportunities as well as the option of developing advanced clinical skills.
CARE Fertility is a world renowned pioneering fertility group. Since we began more than 30,000 CARE babies have been born so far. CARE London has been established for 30 years and prides itself on providing a uniquely personalised level of care to all their patients. CARE London is located in a prestigious part of London next to Regents Park and around a five minute walk from Baker Street tube station.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Nurse Manager, Melanie Collenette on 020 7616 6767. To find out more about CARE London, please visit our website at carefertility.com and to apply please visit www.carefertility/careers.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure with the DBS.
Job Title: Senior Fertility Nurse / Fertility Midwife
Based at: CARE London
Reporting Line: Nurse Manager
1. Responsible for meeting the individual needs of patients and their partners attending CARE London
2. The post holder must ensure that all activities are carried out within CARE London standard operating protocols (SOP), HFEA Code of Practice and ACE guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To be a role model to junior Fertility Nurses / Fertility Midwifes and be accountable for own actions
2. Identify areas of development within the scope of professional practice and maintain up to date knowledge by reading relevant material and attending appropriately identified courses and conferences
3. Clinic duties include injection teaching, venepuncture, assisting with the monitoring of treatment cycles and assisting with transvaginal ultrasound. The Senior Fertility Nurse / Fertility Midwife post also is responsible for an extension of clinical responsibilities. This could include ultrasound scanning, prescribing. Consulting and embryo transfers. This will be subject to the operational needs of the clinic.
4. Be confident in using the following computer programmes;
a) Microsoft Outlook
5. Be familiar with London clinical protocols, patient information and consent forms and standard operating protocols (SOPs). Ensuring the HFEA code of practice is followed.
6. Deal with telephone and email enquiries in a professional manner and ensure that all information given is up to date and accurate
7. Interpret and give blood results to patients when necessary under supervision of medical staff
8. Co-ordinate treatment cycle plans for London and satellite clinics and teach patients to self-administer fertility drugs, ensuring that patients are informed about the implications of their treatment.
9. Obtain informed consent from patients within HFEA code of practice and ensure patients are informed about the implications of treatment
10. Prepare theatre for all procedures including egg retrieval, embryo transfer, insertion of IUCD and cervical dilatation
11. Assist in theatre for all procedures including egg retrieval, embryo transfer, insertion of IUCD and cervical dilatation
12. Recover patients following their procedure under IV sedation
13. Perform IUI following suitable training programme and competency achieved
14. Perform pregnancy testing on fertility patients-interpret and inform them of results
15. Co-ordinate treatment cycles for all Care patients and those from our satellite clinics ensuring that all documentation is complete
16. Be aware of London’s accounts process and charge patients accordingly
17. Monitor and maintain adequate stock levels and be familiar with batch control, whilst ensuring that the correct control, storage and administration of controlled drugs and other drugs are undertaken in accordance with London protocols
18. Ensure removal of clinical waste and laundry processing in accordance with service agreements
19. To have and ensure awareness in colleagues of occupational health and infection control
20. Assist with updating and maintaining service records of all medical equipment
21. Participate in the on call rota for the Emergency phone and be competent in dealing with queries appropriately.
22. Participate in on-going Quality Management by participating in the undertaking of Audits and Risk Assessments.