Boston Place, London is part of the Fertility Partnership, which is one of the largest providers of IVF in the UK. Our clinics, our staff and our patients, benefit from the partnership and all the expertise within the group.
Boston Place, London is currently recruiting a Senior Clinical Embryologist to join their experienced team. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced embryologist to join the team at our facility in Marylebone, London. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a rapidly expanding clinic giving the candidate plenty of scope for personal development, participation in research & benefiting from working closely with scientists both within the clinic and throughout the Fertility Partnership.
The candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, be a team player, able to work independently and have good attention to detail. If not already biopsy trained, biopsy training will be provided.
- To perform all clinical embryology and andrology duties following appropriate training and competency assessment. Core clinical duties to include, but not limited to:
- Diagnostic Semen Analysis and Semen Preparation for Treatment
- Surgical sperm retrieval
- Ooctye Collections
- Denudation of oocytes
- Insemination, including ICSI
- Embryo Transfer
- Cryopreservation, including Vitrification
- To assist in the management and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- To assist in the management and maintenance of laboratory products and services
- To inform patients of treatment options, treatment outcomes and discuss the implications
- To meet laboratory Key Performance Indexes for all critical laboratory tasks
- To participate in internal and external QA, including UKNEQAS and Gamete Expert and achieve a satisfactory level of performance
- To assist in the supervision of trainee embryologists and laboratory assistants
- To take part in the normal rota of duties, including weekend work, on-call rota, PIE and working bank holidays.
Planning, administration, analysis and reporting
- To plan own daily work flow in cooperation with other staff.
- To contribute to planning of clinical work schedules
- To comply with regulatory requirements for documentation and record keeping.
- To document all laboratory information accurately in patients notes, on Excel & IDEAs databases and HFEA forms
- To collect and report laboratory statistical data accurately and completely as requested by the Head of Embryology
- Data collection tasks for TFP group level projects
Communication and cooperation
- To commit to effective communication and cooperation within the Embryology team and other functional areas
- To communicate effectively, with empathy and politely with patients and ensure information provided is correct
- To obtain patient consent as required by regulation
- To participate in meetings for the embryology staff and clinic wide meetings.
- To build good relationships with suppliers in order to ensure good service and to facilitate participation in trials.
Service development, continuous improvement, and quality management
- To analyse data and generate reports
- To assist the Head of Embryology and the Quality Manager in ensuring that the Quality Management System is updated and adhered to in the laboratory area
- To conduct clinical audit and review the results
- To be aware of laboratory performance in order to identify opportunities to improve the laboratory function.
- To write and maintain standard operating procedures as practices and technology develops.
- To participate in continuing professional development and commit to being current with regard to practices and knowledge
- To be involved in research projects as directed by the Head of Embryology
- To participate in the reporting of results of research and development efforts.
- To comply with the requirements of Boston Place’s QMS, HFEA, CQC and ISO certifying bodies.
- To report non-compliance with regulations to line manager.
- To be cooperative with the rest of the clinic so that it can meet the regulatory requirements.
The closing date for this role is Monday 23rd July 2018 at 17:00pm.
Interviews will be taking place on Thursday 26th July 2018, if applying for the role can you ensure you are available on this date.