Reproductive Sciences Practitioner
Concept Fertility Clinic
London, United Kingdom
Concept Fertility is small and friendly fertility clinic located in Wandsworth Park, Putney, on the south bank of the Thames, focused on providing the best patient service. We are continuing with our steady expansion and are looking to appoint a well-organised and motivated Reproductive Science Practitioner to perform routine embryology procedures and support the embryology team through data collection and administrative tasks. The post is full-time, and will include participation in a weekend rota
Duties of this role include:
- To perform the semen analysis, sperm preparation, sperm cryopreservation and thawing and surgical sperm retrieval procedures according to standard operating procedure (SOP).
- To participate in the completion of the NEQAS external quality control scheme for semen analysis.
- To prepare gradients and culture dishes for use in laboratory procedures, ensuring aseptic technique is used
- To perform the oocyte collection procedure according to SOP.
- To support embryologists in witnessing.
- To maintain accurate records of all andrology procedures.
- To assist embryologists with EDI reporting and transport of samples.
- To prepare treatment cycle paperwork such as lab sheets / work sheets.
- To support with lab cleaning and maintenance, as well as undertake routine equipment monitoring.
- To ensure that adequate stocks of laboratory consumables are maintained
- To ensure the traceability of consumables and reagents is recorded and updated accurately
- To monitor CO2 and N2 cylinder levels and changing of cylinders in a timely manner.
- To level check and fill liquid nitrogen dewars
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- A - level science is the minimum qualification required, however a degree in biological science would be an advantage
- Fertility laboratory experience.
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills and highly organised
- Ability to work as part of a team.
||15 December 2018