Reproductive Science Practitioner
Concept Fertility Ltd
London, United Kingdom
Concept Fertility is small/medium-sized fertility clinic located in Wandsworth Park, Putney focused on providing the best patient care in a friendly and professional manner. We are looking to appoint a well-organised and motivated Reproductive Science Practitioner to support the embryology team through data collection and administrative tasks and performing some routine andrology procedures. The post is full-time, and will include participation in a weekend rota. The role would suit an individual with fertility interests to whom it will give a fantastic grounding in how the IVF laboratory works and how it is managed.
Duties of this role include:
- To perform semen analysis, sperm preparation, sperm cryopreservation and thawing and surgical sperm retrieval procedures according to standard operating procedure (SOP).
- To participate in the completion of the NEQAS external quality control scheme for semen analysis.
- To prepare culture dishes for use in laboratory procedures, ensuring aseptic technique is used
- To support embryologists in witnessing.
- To maintain accurate records of all andrology and other relevant procedures.
- To assist embryologists with HFEA reporting
- To assist with gamete and embryo cryotransports.
- To prepare treatment cycle paperwork such as lab sheets / work sheets.
- To support with lab cleaning and maintenance, as well as undertake routine equipment monitoring.
- To ensure that adequate stocks of laboratory consumables are maintained
- To ensure the traceability of consumables and reagents is recorded and updated accurately
- To monitor CO2 and N2 cylinder levels and changing of cylinders in a timely manner.
- To level check and fill liquid nitrogen dewars
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- A - level science is the minimum qualification required, however a degree in biological science would be an advantage
- Proven laboratory experience in a fertility clinic would also be an advantage.
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills and highly organised
- Ability to work as part of a team.
||competitive, according to experience