Manchester Fertility is one of the UK’s leading private fertility clinics. Based in Cheadle in South Manchester, we help patients to realise their dream of starting a family and have helped more than 7000 babies to be born.
As one of the first private fertility clinics, established 35 years ago, we pride ourselves on being innovative, nurturing and offering the highest level of care. Patients have access to the latest fertility treatments and specialist doctors who are experts in their field and we are proud to have one of the largest donor egg and sperm banks in the UK.
It is our personal approach which sets us apart and gives us our outstanding reputation for excellent patient care and innovation.
As an employer, we offer this same care to all of our colleagues and can offer a diverse, interesting and supportive career. We are proud of our great working environment and loyal and dedicated team and will continue to invest to help our colleagues and our patients.
Responsible for leading and maintaining the Quality Management System (QMS) for Manchester Fertility and Semovo (approximately on a ratio of 4:1). To promote, develop and oversee compliance of the QMS. Has overall operational responsibility for the management of continual improvement and effectiveness of the group’s quality systems
- To ensure the implementation of the Quality Policy, Quality Objectives and to monitor the Clinic's performance.
- Manage quality, risk and governance strategies within the clinic
- Ensure compliance with the guidance on good practice as set out in the HFEA’s Code of Practice, CQC guidance and all relevant clinical and laboratory EU directives.
- To be responsible for the analysis and investigation of incidents, in conjunction with the Directors and to ensure that all preventative and corrective actions are completed where applicable.
- Be responsible for the co-ordination of the audit programme ensuring corrective and preventative actions of non-conformities
- To assist the HFEA Person Responsible with preparation for inspections.
- To undertake overall responsibility for the document control system.
- To manage Third Party Agreements for all licensed clinics and assisting with the annual review of local and corporate agreements.
- Maintain ISO 9001:2015 for Manchester Fertility
- To manage and assess patient and donor feedback questionnaires and support actions resulting from the analysis.
- To maintain Information Governance (IG) standards and policies.
- To schedule and chair the annual management review meeting including preparation of the agenda, and creation / circulation of the minutes and any action points to the Quality Team.
- To ensure training of colleagues to support the QMS
- This is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. The job holder may be required to perform other duties depending on the requirements of Manchester Fertility.
- Degree or equivalent post graduate diploma
- Experience of Quality Management Systems and Risk Management including incident investigation
- Experience of project management
- Experience of developing policies and procedures
- Experience of developing and implementing a quality management framework and carrying out audits
- Experience of working within the fertility industry
- Recognised management qualification and/or healthcare experience
- Meticulous and thorough, with an excellent eye for detail
- Organised and able to maintain a structured and logical approach to tasks
- Analytical, with the ability to interpret and present data
- Ability to prioritise and manage a complex workload
- Presentation skills
- Passion for service excellence and improving quality
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, over the telephone and in writing
- Able to work effectively as part of a broad, multidisciplinary team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, particularly demonstrating the ability to influence successfully
- Logical and process driven