Principles of vitrification workshop
Dr. Yona Barak11 October 2011
You are invited to join the hands-on workshop organized by
Dr. Yona Barak and Dr. Amir Arav
In conjunction with COGI Congress in Paris 2011
Thursday, November 17th, 2011
The Aim of the workshop is to introduce the principles of vitrification, and to provide tools for the establishment and troubleshooting of a vitrification system.
The workshop will introduce the participants to vitrification of oocytes and embryos in open and closed system in slush of LN2.
During the theoretical session will include: The physical principles of Vitrification, introduction to minimum volume methods, cooling rates and different vitrification devices
Principles on Vitrification of Oocytes and Embryos
Amir Arav, DVM PhD
Practical Aspects of Human Oocytes Vitrification
Yona Barak, PhD
Hands-on Vitrification of Oocytes/Embryos
During the session the participants will be introduced to the following:
* Usage of various devices of open and closed systems (as: Cryotop; CBS closed system and more) for the vitrification of oocytes/embryos
* The usage of slush (VitMaster) and irradiation of LN
* Cryo-microscope as a tool for the evaluation of vitrification outcome
* Trouble shooting during cooling and warming:
Solution effect ; How to produce a small drop containing oocytes; Open vs Closed system; LN vs. Slush; vitrification; crystallization, de-vitrification, fracturing and recrystallization phenomenons
Each participant will try to vitrify oocytes using Sealed SOPS. Else, each participant will have silica beads for practicing in their own facilities.
COGI Opening Keynote lecture
* The existing of the workshop is dependent upon the number of participants.