A thorough analysis of current theoretical, biological, and clinical evidence generated on oocyte cryopreservation.
This breakthrough title, written by experienced professionals in the field of reproductive medicine, is the must-have resource on oocyte preservation, which is quickly becoming one of the most important developments in human IVF.
Certain to become the essential guide for reproductive medicine specialists, embryologists, and gynecologists, the text discusses benefits of oocyte storage for young cancer patients and women wishing to extend their reproductive lives for social, professional, or economical reasons.
• low temperature storage (cryopreservation and vitrification)
• oocyte physiology
• developmental stages in oocyte storage
• success rates of oocyte preservation
• ethics of fertility preservation
• the health of babies from cryopreserved oocytes and embryos