Part-time Laboratory Technician
European Sperm Bank
London, United Kingdom
PART-TIME LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
European Sperm Bank was founded in Copenhagen in 2004 and is one of the most recognized sperm banks in the world, focusing on high quality in every aspect of our business.
We help women and couples bring healthy children into an open-minded society.
To strengthen our activities, we are looking for a part-time Laboratory Technician for our London team.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Receiving, analysing, processing, cryopreservation, and post thaw of donor samples.
- Shipment of straws to Cryologistics.
- Supporting the donor screening process as needed.
- Welcoming donors and checking them in at reception.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are passionate about working in a lab and have excellent lab skills.
- You possess a life science degree.
- HCPC registration is an advantage, but not a necessity.
- You enjoy working solely in the lab following the standard operating procedures, maintaining high quality and productivity at all times.
- You have superb attention to detail, are highly organised and able to multi-task.
- You enjoy being part of a small team, which is service-minded, flexible, and easy going with a positive and friendly attitude.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to make others feel comfortable and at ease.
- You stay calm and collected – especially during peak hours.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to help people all over the world, have the children they dream of.
- A working environment that is friendly, fast-paced, and international. We have an entrepreneurial mindset which means we are always expanding, so there is never a dull moment.
- Initial training period: 16 hours split between a Monday & Tuesday for 1-2 months (dependant on start date) within the hours of 09:00 – 19:30.
- Permanent working hours: 16 hours spread over 3 days (Monday to Thursday) within the hours of 13:00 – 20:30.
||Once position is filled