Hours: Part- Time, 24 hours per week
Our patients need for family is always at the heart of our work, and we do everything we can to give as many people as possible the chance to have a family of their own. At CARE, all our clinicians are experts in their field, and our Operating Department Practitioners utilise their wide range of knowledge to play their part in assisted conception.
As an Operating Department Practitioner you will perform a range of duties ranging including undertaking circulating, anaesthetic and recovery duties. We are looking for a natural self- starter with a desire to facilitate a quality patient experience that will in turn enhance your skills and the success of CARE Fertility.
We offer unrivalled opportunities and this is an excellent role in which to further develop your career at CARE Fertility.
What we’ll do for you
In a culture where hard work and great results are recognised, you can look forward to a competitive salary. That’s on top of a pension scheme, life assurance and a range of other benefits.
- Undertake circulating, anaesthetic and recovery duties as required in accordance with agreed protocols, local policies and procedures
- Maintain standards of anaesthetic and resuscitation equipment alongside the duty anaesthetist
- Ensure safe practice in the use of equipment complying with policies and report any faults or hazard
- Deliver effective patient care by communicating effectively with all staff, patient’s relatives involved in the care of the patient
- Liaise with other departments as necessary for the co-ordination of patient care and the smooth running of the department
- Essential to be qualified with an NVQ level 3 in operating department practice or equivalent with a valid certificate of registration
- Proven post registration and demonstratable recovery experience
- An understanding and appreciation of patient confidentiality
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent verbal and numerical skills
- Act as a CARE Fertility ambassador
CARE Fertility is the one of the largest independent providers of fertility treatments in the world and draw on the knowledge of our wider team of over 550 dedicated doctors, embryologists, nurses and support staff who all work together to ensure our patients get the very best chance of success.
Our excellent service to our patients has allowed for market growth which means we continuously seek new and fresh talent to complement our current team as well as developing our people to reach their full potential. Join our team and look forward to a challenging and rewarding role, with great results bringing great opportunity for recognition and promotion with the CARE Group.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Should you wish to discuss this opportunity further please feel free to contact Caroline McHugh, Clinic Director by email at [email protected]