Thames Valley Fertility
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
| | | | Apply Now!
At TFP, we make families. We shape fertility journeys around people’s lives. We provide an outstanding patient experience by showing that we care, build trust, deliver our expertise, drive innovation, and demonstrate our patients our passion on a day-by-day basis.
The post holder will be a Registered Nurse and will lead a team of nurses and sonographers. The post holder is responsible for delivering and maintaining the highest standard of ultrasound assessment and patient care in accordance with HF&E Act 2008 and the current HFEA Code of Practice. The post holder will coordinate both the nursing services and be a member of the Clinic Management Team to coordinate the activities of the functional areas of Clinical Services.
This is a full time position based at our Thames Valley Fertility clinic in Maidenhead
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• To be a member of Clinical Services Management Team and thereby actively participate in strategy development and decisions about resource allocation and organisational development.
• To oversee and coordinate patient throughput between the clinic and its satellite services.
• To ensure all treatments covered by the HFEA license, RQIA, and other regulatory requirements are in full compliance with those requirements.
• To act as the Accountable Officer for the storage of controlled drugs within the Clinic in accordance with the Home Office license.
• To ensure adequate staffing and competence in the nursing area.
• To ensure optimal staffing allocation within the given financial framework, and to develop work rotas accordingly.
• To manage the nursing area resources, including staff, with a view to achieving the clinic’s objectives, and to ensure cost-effective work practices.
• To help develop and manage the nursing area budget.
Operations management, compliance management, customer service and support
• To assist patient management and service delivery by providing advice from the nursing perspective.
• To develop and maintain systems and processes which ensure that the patients’ experience of the clinic is as good as possible. This involves the patients’ sense of care, control, value and cost in a broad sense.
• To contribute to the holistic approach to patient care that the clinic endeavors to provide.
• To ensure that all procedures undertaken in the nursing and sonography area are conducted and documented in accordance with the clinics QMS as well as the HFEA Code of Practice.
• To supervise the work in the nursing area and make sure that it is conducted in accordance with regulatory and the clinic requirements as well as best practice.
• To take part in the rota of duties and to ensure cover in the nursing area.
• To ensure that all actions and interactions with patients involving nursing are documented according to regulatory and the clinic requirements.
• To ensure adequate maintenance and provision of suitable equipment in the nursing area.
• To ensure that patients are adequately informed about treatment options, treatment outcomes and implications.
• To ensure that patients give informed consent as required by regulatory bodies
Analysis and reporting
• To ensure that clinical documentation and record keeping meet regulatory requirements as well as the clinic needs.
• To ensure that record keeping and data collection and reporting within the nursing area can support the general clinic strategy.
• To generate statistics for performance monitoring and report them as appropriate.
• To regularly assess available statistics and clinical information in order to identify opportunities to improve the nursing services of the clinic.
• To devise action plans based on the analysis of data.
• To participate in the recruitment of staff to the clinic.
• To follow documentation procedures for all Nursing Staff
• To performance manage staff in the nursing area (includes annual appraisals).
• To ensure that tasks are assigned to competent staff.
• To ensure that nursing staff members are current with regard to practices and knowledge by providing opportunities for CPD.
• To organise mandatory nurse training.
• To ensure that nursing get appropriate training in all relevant aspects of assisted conception so that the clinic can develop its services and exploit opportunities.
• To manage sickness absence or disciplinary procedures within the team.
Supervision and training
• To participate in teaching, training and supervision of fertility nurses, students and trainees.
• To carry out annual appraisals and coordinate staff training.
• To actively participate in Patient Information Evenings and to ensure other members of the nursing team are trained to participate in these sessions.
• To teach non-nursing staff members of the clinic about nursing practices.
Health and safety
• To ensure the efficient and safe functioning of all clinical areas.
• To ensure all health and safety regulations are adhered to.
The above will be reviewed as required, in consultation with the post holder. It is offered as a guide to the key responsibilities and duties, but does not preclude other issues that may arise between reviews of performance and review of the job description.
The post holder must maintain confidentiality of information about patients, staff and other Company business in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. In circumstances where it becomes known that a member of staff has communicated such information to an unauthorised person, that staff member will be liable for dismissal. Moreover, the Data Protection Act 1998 also renders an individual liable for prosecution in the event of unauthorised disclosure of information.