Master degree in the Biotechnology of Human Assisted Reproduction and Embryology
During the last decades there has been a growing demand on experts in assisted reproduction techniques in several countries around the world.
The reasons are related to multiple factors such as advanced maternal age of first-time mothers, certain harmful life habits as well as diverse genetic and environmental factors.
As a result, there is an increasing number of infertile patients in need to be treated, which leads to an urgent need for new assisted reproduction units and the consequent need for trained professionals in all areas related to Reproductive Endocrinology. Attending this situation, the prestigious Valencia Infertility Institute (IVI) together with the University of Valencia have created the Master's Degree in the Biotechnology of Human Assisted Reproduction and Embryology.
Thanks to this master's degree, students will have the opportunity to pursue a career in the human assisted reproduction field, genetic testing and/or research on reproductive science. This master is intended for graduates in Biomedical Sciences, such as Biologists, Medical Doctors, Veterinarians, Pharmacists and similar experts.
Benefits of the Master Degree in the Biotechnology of Human Assisted Reproduction and Embryology:
1. Thanks to e-learning, students are able to learn from anywhere, with maximum time and flexibility, besides the opportunity of exchanging knowledge with other students and experts.
2. Through the Virtual Classroom, students have complete access to all materials and resources related to achieve and improve their knowledge.
3. The course offers a close communication and personal monitoring carried out by the course tutors through several communication tools (forums, chats, internal messaging).
The Master's Degree in the Biotechnology of Human Assisted Reproduction and Embryology provides the following skills and knowledge:
1. To understand the mechanisms of fertility, the causes of infertility and the techniques used to treat them.
2. To obtain complete knowledge of cutting-edge techniques applied to different cases of the study and treatment of infertility in humans.
3. To acquire all the necessary training to begin the integration in assisted human reproduction laboratories and also in research centers related.
1. HUMAN REPRODUCTION PHYSIOLOGY
2. OOGENESIS, SPERMATOGENESIS ANS THEIR DEFICIENCIES
3. FERTILIZATION, EMBRYO DEVELOPMENT AND TECHNIQUES TO OBTAIN IN VIVO PRODUCED EMBRYOS
5. BASIC RESEARCH IN ASSISTED REPRODUCTION
6. BASIC TECHNIQUES IN ASSISTED REPRODUCTION
7. ANDROLOGY LABORATORY
8. IN VITRO FERTILIZACION LABORATORY
9. SEX DETERMINATION TECHNIQUES
10. IN VITRO PRODUCTION OF EMBRYOS. EMBRYO CULTURE
11. CRYOBIOLOGY. PRESERVATION OF MATERNAL AND PATERNAL INHERITANCE. EMBRYO PRESERVATION
12. EMBRYO QUALITY IMPROVEMENT
13. MULTIPLICATION OF EMBRYOS AND GAMETES
14. PREIMPLANTATION GENETIC SCREENING LABORATORY
15. STEM CELLS
16. ETHICAL AND LEGAL ASPECTS OF ASSISTED REPRODUCTION TECHNIQUES
17. FINAL EXAM