|To hold the position of Clinical Embryologist, by providing my expertise in research, clinical embryology and all IVF procedures, my skills in communication & data presentation, training & scientific support, analysis of scientific literature, as well as in management of clinical and research trials, acquired in over 16 years of experience.|
Clinical and research embryologist with BSc in Biology and over 16 years of experience in assisted reproductive technology (ART).
Proficient in day-to-day duties and responsibilities in laboratory setting, including all advanced embryology laboratory techniques, providing a consistent and high standard of research and clinical ART.
Currently referent for seminology and pre-implantation genetic testing laboratories at 9.baby headquarter in Bologna and for the embryology laboratory at 9.baby branch "Casa di Cura Villa Serena" in Città Sant'Angelo (PE).
Current areas of interest include:
- studies of gamete, zygote and embryo morphology in relation to their developmental ability;
- pre-implantation genetic testing on embryos;
- cryopreservation of embryos and gametes;
- Quality Management System, including all control procedures for state certification.
- participation as speaker at national and international scientific conferences;
- contribution to preparation of original papers for publications on peer-reviewed international scientific journals;
- conception and management of research & clinical trials and analysis of statistical data;
- development of contacts and collaborative relationships (also at international level) with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs);
- development and updating of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and keeping of accurate records of ART laboratory standard activities;
- support in literature search and in producing medical materials for scientific events;
- scientific training and mentoring of new staff on embryology laboratory SOPs and instruments.
- organization & planning
- team working ability
- critical thinking ability
- 2006 - to date 9. BABY - FAMILY & FERTILITY CENTER, Bologna, Italy (field: assisted reproduction and fertility)
- 2003 - 2006 S.I.S.Me.R., Bologna, Italy (field: assisted reproduction and fertility)
I've learned to manage all the ART procedures and instruments autonomously, and to plan all the laboratory activities in detail.
Over the years I have taken care of the development of embryo pre-implantation genetic testing for aneuploidy and andrology laboratories, testing and completing the protocols and procedures concerning seminal fluid diagnostic tests and pre-implantation genetic testing for aneuploidy on embryos, testing their criticality, and finally assuming , the role of referent of both these laboratories.
I also dedicated myself to the improvement of the reporting methods in order to simplify their interpretation for doctors and patients.
Over the years I have developed contacts and collaborative relationships with doctors, embryologists, key opinion leaders in the IVF sector, as well as with Universities and Pharmaceutical Companies, for the conception and participation in clinical trials and research, and I have learned to elaborate analytical reports of the statistics.
I dedicated myself (and participated) in the drafting of various scientific articles in international journals and I took part as a speaker at national and international conferences.
At the same time I was in charge of the scientific training for the new personnel on laboratory procedures and scientific instruments and I completed my training on the Quality Management System and on the organizational, technological and environmental requirements required for the state certification.
- BACHELOR’S DEGREE in BIOLOGY – BIOMOLECULAR AREA
1995- 2002 ● Obtained at Università degli Studi di Bologna
Pre-degree internship, scientific research in the field of cardiomyocytes cells cultures.
- SECONDARY HIGH SCHOOL DEGREE (in foreign languages)
1991-1995 ● Obtained at Liceo Scientifico Statale N. Copernico
- Communication – excellent written and oral communication ability for report writing and presentation of data.
- Interpersonal involvement, collaboration, maintenance of professional relationships.
- Organization & planning managing time and resources effectively, keeping tasks appropriately prioritized.
- Team working ability in the interest of moving process and programs forward to the desired outcome.
- Flexibility ability to change directions as needed for the good of the department or organization.
- Critical thinking ability to think through issues and identify appropriate options.
- Proactivity – anticipating and planning for problems before they arise.
- Quality ability to work in a neat, efficient, well coordinated manner with a high degree of accuracy and professionalism.
|Interests and Hobbies:
- Automotive sector and mechanical diagnosis. n Volleyball and Beach Volley at amateur level.