Lead Donation Fertility Nurse – APRICITY
Role: Lead Donation Fertility Nurse
Type of contract: Full time
Apricity is a new generation fertility clinic that aims to disrupt the assisted reproductive treatment experience in the UK and Europe. By making the journey more patient-centric, we offer a journey that is tailored and transparent from end-to-end, releasing out some of the stress and confusion often associated with TTC experiences (www.apricity.life). Our objective is ultimately to improve chances for women and couples to conceive leveraging technology and superior service. For less stress and more success.
Our objective is ultimately to improve chances for women and couples to conceive using Artificial Intelligence.
Our team is split between Paris (product & development team, AI team) and London (operational team). The role is based in London to be close to patients, partner clinics and our operational team, with the opportunity to travel and work with the Apricity Paris team from time to time.
The Apricity family is an eclectic, international bunch full of individual flair and talent. We like to grow and collaborate in a fun, dynamic and caring environment. No two days are the same.
About the position
As a Fertility Nurse at Apricity, you will help create a fertility service of a new kind, truly focusing on women and couples, still meeting very high medical standards.
You will work directly with the Chief Medical Officer, Chief Operations Officer, Nurse Team Leader and the team of fertility nurses & advisors, to deliver this highly personalised and amazing experience. You will need to use your experience and intuition to make decisions on how the service is delivered.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be interacting with our fertility advisors (who coordinate women and couples’ fertility journeys), with our partner medical teams and clinics and our product and development team in Paris. In addition, you will work closely with our wider donation team, including our sister company Altrui.
You will be expected to work 37.5 hours per week. Precise working times will vary depending on the need of the service and our patients, will include a minimum two-days office working within Central London and extended antisocial hours remotely on a rota basis.
You will have 2 main responsibilities:
Support of Apricity patients and fertility advisors:
- To ideally be currently working in a donation position with solid knowledge on donation planning, cycles, knowledge of the HFEA and other regulatory bodies and management of all donation treatment types.
- Advising couples undergoing fertility treatment on what to expect with regards to their treatment and ‘hold their hand’ through each stage, ensuring they receive the support they would expect. You will also provide them with instructions on best clinical practice and teach them how to self-inject.
- You will be involved in every stage of a patient’s fertility journey including treatment planning. You will support the medical team in managing Apricity patients through the Apricity Satellite pathway.
- You will support fertility advisors when coordinating all events for women and their partners arranging appointments and communicating with Apricity third-party providers for consultations, blood tests, ultrasound scans, procedures, medication delivery, counselling, and other complementary therapists according to the patient needs and expectations.
- You will train and support fertility advisors to answer medical questions from patients through a variety of communication methods including telephone, messaging and online video consultations, with the continued support of the medical team of our partner clinics.
- You will deliver accurate, evidence-based information to women and their partners to enable fully informed decisions regarding treatment to be made.
- You will also support the advisors of our sister company specialised in egg donation.
- You will help produce the guidance and information content for our patients which will be approved by the Chief Medical Officer prior to release.
Coordination with partner clinics and third party providers:
- You will participate in the onboarding and training of partner clinics.
- You will liaise with clinicians, nurses and all paramedical staff of partner clinics to co-ordinate and enhance patients’ treatment and care.
- You will carry out clinical duties in a professional and compassionate manner in accordance with HFEA guidelines.
- You will be responsible for the scheduling of patient treatment cycles, liaising with clinical team to arrange prescription and drug administration.
- NMC Registered Nurse who has a background in donation services, with 3+ years of experience
- Based in London, working in central London minimum two days a week
- Have worked with NHS and/or in private clinic (ideally, from one of the large UK fertility groups)
- Strong team player: work as part of a multidisciplinary team, being supportive and respectful of colleagues in their professional roles
- Experience of independently managing fertility patient care is desirable
- Experience of performing and determining ultrasound scanning and practical procedures would also be advantageous
- IT literate
- Have the ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
Why join us?
- Witness the early days of a young and promising, well-funded startup on the UK tech scene
- Contribute to a “tech for good” project that will improve people’s lives
- Work for the UK's first AI-powered fertility advice service
- Grow as the reference nurse in a successful and talented team
- Work in a fun, collaborative and fast-paced environment with flexible hours and casual dress code
If you are excited by the prospect of using technological change to bring true value to society, come and work with us!
If you tick the boxes above, we would love to hear from you! If you are interested in joining our passionate team, please send us an email with your current CV, to: [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you!