Oxford, United Kingdom
At TFP, we make families. We shape fertility journeys around people’s lives. We provide an outstanding customer experience by showing that we care, build trust, deliver our expertise, drive innovation and demonstrate our patients our passion on a day-by-day basis.
Due to internal promotion and expansion of the role a position of laboratory technician has become available at Oxford Fertility. To work within the Oxford Fertility embryology team and assist the Laboratory Manager and Senior Embryologists in delivering a high-quality technical service to support laboratory activities.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To work under the direction of the Embryology Manager / Deputy.
- To prepare culture medium, tubes and dishes using aseptic technique.
- Act as a ‘Witness’ for laboratory procedures as required.
- To preform daily monitoring of critical equipment
- To calibrate / adjust critical equipment set points as required under direct supervision.
- To carry out laboratory and equipment cleaning routines as per established timetable.
- Coordinate paperwork for patient treatment review meetings.
- Log treatment cycle details onto patient IDEAS records.
- Prepare laboratory work sheets for upcoming treatment cycles.
- Conduct weekly consumable stock takes and orders as necessary.
- Track and document receipt of consumable orders.
- Ensure that formal evidence of daily batch records for media and laboratory consumables are maintained.
- To participate in laboratory quality control routines under supervision.
- Coordinate weekly top up of liquid nitrogen tanks and update/monitor relevant QC records.
- To assist with embryo / sperm cryo-storage management as required.
- To maintain confidentiality and ensure patients’ rights and dignity are maintained at all times.
- To take part in the weekend duty and bank holiday rota as required.
- To maintain effective communication at all times with patients, medical staff, nursing staff, and other colleagues regarding treatments as appropriate.
- To maintain accurate, timely and legible patient records, either by written or computerised documentation, of procedures performed in line with the clinic’s quality SOPs.
Knowledge, Training & Experience Required:
- Able to solve problems and work to deadlines
- Ideally have a BSc in Life Science and/or previous experience of working in a laboratory environment
- Knowledge and experience in aseptic technique
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience using patient databases and other relevant software
||Experience within a Lab Environment
||Once position is filled