We, TFP, are looking for brilliant minds and passionate hearts to help us shape the future of fertility health. We are one of the largest fertility service providers in Europe operating our IVF clinics and egg/sperm freezing banks currently in 6 countries. We have embarked on a mission to use technology to enhance the patient journey and support patients with the best outcome – starting a family!
At TFP, we offer all our patients the care, understanding and expertise that help to bring dreams to life. We are passionate about what we do, which reflects our commitment to creating lives and changing lives.
Science research and innovation are key to how we work and have led to us pioneering fertility treatment for more than 33 years. Many of our clinicians are internationally renowned specialists and we regularly share knowledge across our clinics to further improve our success.
To work within the Oxford Fertility embryology team and assist the Laboratory Manager and Senior Embryologists in delivering a high-quality technical service to support laboratory activities.
- To work under the direction of the Embryology Manager / Deputy.
- Conduct weekly consumable stock takes and orders as necessary.
- Track and document receipt of consumable orders.
- Ensure that formal evidence of daily batch records for media and laboratory consumables are maintained.
- To participate in laboratory quality control routines under supervision.
- To calibrate / adjust critical equipment set points as required under direct supervision.
- To carry out laboratory and equipment cleaning routines as per established timetable.
- To prepare culture medium, tubes and dishes using aseptic technique.
- Act as a ‘Witness’ for laboratory procedures as required.
- Coordinate paperwork for patient treatment review meetings.
- Log treatment cycle details onto patient IDEAS records.
- Prepare laboratory work sheets for upcoming treatment cycles.
- Coordinate weekly top up of liquid nitrogen tanks and update/monitor relevant QC records.
- To assist with embryo / sperm cryo-storage management as required.
- To maintain confidentiality and ensure patients’ rights and dignity are maintained at all times.
- To take part in the weekend duty and bank holiday rota as required.
- To maintain effective communication at all times with patients, medical staff, nursing staff, and other colleagues regarding treatments as appropriate.
- To maintain accurate, timely and legible patient records, either by written or computerised documentation, of procedures performed in line with the clinic’s quality SOPs.
- To contribute to the development and maintenance of the Oxford Fertility quality management system (QMS).
- To undertake any other duties as required by the Embryology Manager.
Qualifications and Experienced:
- Ideally have a BSc in Life Science and/or previous experience of working in a laboratory environment
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience using patient databases and other relevant software
- Able to solve problems and work to deadlines