In-OVO Fertility Clinic
Belfast, United Kingdom
An excellent career opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the team at In-OVO Fertility Clinic and lead our state of the art lab using the latest equipment and offering comprehensive assisted conception services.
You will join a friendly team covering all aspects of assisted reproduction, clinical and diagnostic andrology. Our state-of-the-art purpose-built clinic opened in 2020 in Belfast and is offering the expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure patients receive individualised and tailored treatment to maximise their chances of a successful outcome.
- To manage the laboratory on a day-to-day basis and to participate in all laboratory procedures associated with the diagnostic and therapeutic treatment services provided by In-OVO Fertility Clinic.
- To anticipate, organise and participate in the day-to-day workload and ensure that procedures are performed effectively and to the highest possible standard, paying meticulous attention to detail.
- To organise the allocation of duties to all Embryologist.
- To work as part of the MDT team to provide the highest possible standard of patient care liasing effectively with medical, nursing, administrative and counselling staff both within the organisation and from external organisations.
- To perform all duties in accordance with the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA) Act and current Code of practice.
- To work with systems to ensure that informed consent is in place (in accordance with HFEA Act) prior to any treatment procedures being undertaken
- To perform accurate and complete data collection as required by the HFEA
- To provide written reports following sample production and cryopreservation of semen and testicular biopsies in relation to their suitability for treatment.
- To help promote In-OVO Fertility Clinic by presentation at external and in-house meetings and attendance at patient open days/support groups.
- To be able to work flexibly hours in order to perform laboratory tasks as, and when necessary.
- To participate in an on-call rota.
- To be jointly responsible to meet annual objectives of the organisation
- To write, review and amend embryology Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs),with the agreement of the Scientific Director .
- To assist with equipment and process validation including periodic reviews.
- To suggest ideas to help improve the clinic to enhance patient treatment/care.
- To manage, and participate in, the audits of cryo-stored material as required by the HFEA and other regulatory bodies.
- To participate in the critical analysis and audit of laboratory performances (KPIs)
- To keep up-to-date of developments within the field of reproductive medicine and to participate in the CPD scheme agreed by the clinic.
- To ensure that laboratory facilities at In-OVO Fertility Clinic, and any satellite centres are maintained in a fit state for practice in accordance with the relevant requirements and recommendations of the regulators.
- To undertake formal witnessing of procedures as required by the HFEA to ensure the correct identification of patients, gametes and fresh and frozen embryos.
- To provide training and professional development of junior staff in accordance with In-OVO Fertility Clinic’s SOP’s, best practice and
relevant guidelines from professional bodies.
- To ensure adequate communication with patients regarding the quality of their gametes and embryos.
- To provide admin with information on stored gametes and embryos in order to help with the system for contacting patients with gametes embryos in storage. Will also be available to speak to patients and answer any questions with regards to their stored gametes or embryos.
- To remove and dispose of gametes and embryos once consent has expired, or been withdrawn, ensuring that all the correct information and patient details are in place.
- To participate in laboratory, management, quality, audit and other relevant meetings as required.
- To ensure that all laboratory and support staff are familiar with laboratory emergency back-up services.
- To attend the clinic when required in an emergency or organise appropriate cover when not available
- A sound understanding of the clinical aspects, businesses and activities at In-OVO Fertility Clinic with specific knowledge of the infertility market and relevant legislative frameworks.
- An in-depth interest in keeping up-to-date with developments in the infertility field from an administrative and business perspective.
- ACE Post Graduate Certificate/Diploma in Embryology or ESHRE Certificate
- HFEA ICSI licence
- HCPC State Registered
- >8 years of clinical embryology experience
- >4 years experience in a senior embryology role
- Experience of quality management in the IVF laboratory
||Dependent upon experience
||Once position is filled