Location – The Portland Hospital, 205-209 Great Portland St, London W1W 5AH
This is a full time 37.5 hours per week Monday – Sunday based on rotation.
About the Role
The Sister is involved in taking charge of the shift with support of the team, providing first line trouble shooting, training and supporting of all clinical users. The position involves supporting The Clinical Nurse Manager with the running of the clinic and deputising in her absence, co-ordinating and being responsible for implementing and monitoring patient treatment. You will be required to work closely with the clinical departments associated with the Lister Fertility Clinic.
The position also includes auditing of clinical information. As a Sister - you will actively assist with the strategic direction of the Lister Fertility Clinic providing professional and clinical nursing leadership. As a senior member of the clinic you will for ensuring compliance with the HFEA Code of Practice and other relevant legislation. You will be responsible for maintaining effective communication channels between patients, staff and satellite services, providing the highest standard of clinical practice, patient care and excellent customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Report to the Clinical Nurse Manager & Clinic Director on clinical activities, incidents and complaints and commence or assist with investigative procedures as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with the HFEA, CQC and ISO legislation and prepare for inspections
- Have knowledge of available resources regarding budgetary constraints and business objectives.
- Promote team working to maximise effectiveness of service delivery
- Evaluate the work of the team and ensure standards are met.
- Risk assessment and management, ensuring a safe environment for patients, visitors, staff and colleagues.
- Attend Unit meetings as required and represent the Clinical Nurse Manager if needed
- Support and facilitate regular nurse meetings
- Maintain all stores and equipment, requisitioning supplies, repairs and replacements, informing Unit Co-ordinator of any major replacements required.
- Represent the Clinical Nurse Manager in her absence as required.
- Assist and support the Clinical Nurse Manager in policy formation and review.
- To respond to patient complaints appropriately
- To liaise with satellite clinics and provide information and support to the staff and their
Skills & Experience
- ENB 225 (gynae course) Desirable
- Counselling course – Desirable
- ENB 998 Teaching and Assessing
- Previous experience in IVF setting
- Ultrasound experience is an essential
About Lister Fertility Clinic and the Portland Hospital
Lister Fertility Clinic is one of the UK’s most successful fertility clinics. Established over 30 years ago it has helped to produce over 20,000 babies. Due to Lister Fertility’s continued success we are launching a second clinic at the Portland Hospital in central London in early 2022. The clinic will be purpose built and house all the latest technology to support a modern fertility service.
The clinic will offer patients a holistic approach to fertility care from early advice and investigations to recurrent miscarriage services, male fertility, IVF and ongoing gynaecology care and surgery. The team will be led by some of
London’s leading names in the field of fertility and gynaecology. The aim of the clinic will be to create a positive environment where staff are supported and encouraged to develop alongside providing exceptional patient care.
The Portland Hospital is the only private hospital in the UK dedicated to the healthcare of women and children. The opening of the new Fertility Clinic will allow us to provide ongoing support to parents in their journey to parenthood and beyond.