Would you like to work in a dynamic, dedicated and goal-oriented company with passionate and skillful colleagues? Then our Head Laboratory Technician position may be just what you are looking for.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are passionate about working in a lab and have excellent lab skills.
- Experience from working within an andrology laboratory is preferable, however we would be happy to train applicants from all lab backgrounds.
- HCPC registration is an advantage, but not a necessity.
- If you are not registered with HCPC you must have a degree and sufficient experience that will allow you to work towards HCPC registration (https://www.hcpc-uk.org/standards/standards-of-proficiency/).
- You have superb attention to detail, are highly organised and able to multi-task.
- You are confident and have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to make patients feel comfortable and at ease.
- You are cool, calm and collected – especially during peak hours.
- You are service-minded, easy going, positive and friendly.
- You must be able to spend a few weeks training at our headquarters in Denmark.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Receiving, analysing, and freezing semen samples from our donors.
- Donor blood drawing.
- Training laboratory staff.
- Securing the daily QC management of the laboratory.
- Generating KPIs.
- Participating in R&D group activities when relevant.
- Ordering and managing laboratory supplies.
- Shipping straws to cryologistics.
- Maintaining laboratory equipment.
- Implementing new processes and procedures and reviewing SOP’s in collaboration with QM when required.
- Preparing & executing internal laboratory audits.
- Supporting the donor screening process as needed.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to help people all over the world, have the children they dream of.
- A high degree of independence.
- A value-driven organisation in an innovative industry.
- A financially healthy company with extensive growth.
- 40 working hours per week Monday to Friday (excluding lunch break).
- 25 days annual leave per annum (not including bank holidays).
FACTS ABOUT EUROPEAN SPERM BANK
European Sperm Bank helps women and couples to conceive using donor sperm.
We export to more than 80 countries, and over the years we have assisted in creating more than 35,000 children across the world.
Established in Copenhagen in 2004, European Sperm Bank is now one of the leading players in our industry. The UK is our second largest market and we are aware that many UK women would prefer to use local donors, which led to us opening our new clinic in London in 2018.
European Sperm Bank prioritise high-quality sperm, industry-leading donor testing, and dedicated advice above all, to ensure the best possible experience when making the decision to be a donor or to have a donor child.
We are highly aware that the actions of a sperm bank have lifelong implications for both the donors, the children and the parents, and one of our core values is “Thinking of the future”. This is reflected in everything we do. At the same time, we are a warm and fun-loving group of team-players, who enjoy working together.
Please learn more about us at www.europeanspermbank.com and www.givespermgivelife.co.uk.
Job Type: Full-time
If you are interested in this position please send your CV & cover letter to:
Mrs Laura Willson