As a Fertility Nurse / Fertility Midwife you will be responsible for meeting the individual needs of patients and their partners attending our respected clinic. You will work closely with patients throughout their journey to coordinate treatment cycles and ensure compliance standards are met. You will be an integral part of a passionate team that strives to further develop and research leading fertility practices to give everyone one the best chance of having a baby.
- Assist in the daily running of the fertility clinic, co-ordinating treatment cycle plans
- Coach patients to self-administer fertility drugs and obtain consent for treatment
- Provide information and advice on treatment and emotional support to patients face to face and over the telephone
- Perform venepuncture
- Prepare theatre and support with theatre procedures
- Participate in on-going Quality Management by participating in the undertaking of audits and risk assessments
- Compliance to legislative and organisational codes of practice
You’re a great team player, a real people person, someone who loves helping others. As well as being passionate about patient care, you’ll need the following skills:
- A qualification as in adult nursing Degree/ Diploma as well as being a registered NMC nurse or midwife is essential
- Essential to have post registration experience working within an acute hospital setting.
- Experience of IVF/Fertility, ultra-scanning and managing your own scan list is highly desirable (scanning training will be offered)
- Act as a CARE Fertility ambassador and as a role model as an IVF Nurse and be accountable for own actions
- A desire for continuous personal and professional development by reading relevant material and attending appropriately identified courses and conferences
What we’ll do for you
This is a full-time role based at our Tunbridge Wells clinic (TN4 9LL).
In a company where hard work and great results are recognised, you can look forward to a supportive culture of collaboration where we value each other.
- Salary of up to £34,000 depending on experience
- 25 Days annual leave (plus 8 public holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- A range of flexible benefits to suit your needs.
CARE Fertility is the one of the largest independent providers of fertility treatments in the world and draw on the knowledge of our wider team of over 600 dedicated doctors, embryologists, nurses and support staff who all work together to ensure our patients get the very best chance of success.
As a member of the CARE Family, you will carry out your roles in a way that supports and delivers our shared values of Integrity, Innovation and Inclusivity. You are Knowledgeable, Caring and have a Can-do approach in all that you do.
Our excellent service to our patients has allowed for market growth which means we continuously seek new and fresh talent to complement our current team as well as developing our people to reach their full potential. Join our team and look forward to a challenging and rewarding role, with great results bringing great opportunity for recognition and promotion with the CARE Group.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.