Fertility Nurse/Midwife – Full or Part time
London, United Kingdom
Bridge Clinic London is a state-of-the-art patient centred fertility service based in central London, we are looking for a Fertility Nurse / Midwife to join our nursing team.
You will join a passionate, dynamic nursing team that strives to provide a world class service to our patients on their journey to having a family. Patient experience is of great importance to us. You’ll help to make sure that every one of our patients receives the greatest care and support possible.
As a Fertility Nurse/Midwife you’ll provide information and advice on our treatments to patients, as well as any emotional support.
The role is varied and will include:
- You will co-ordinate treatment cycle plans, coach our patients to self-administer fertility drugs, and care for our patients pre and post theatre as well as in the clinic.
- Perform ultrasound scans on women to assess ovarian reserve, endometrial thickness, follicular growth, and viable pregnancy.
- Perform and interpret blood tests results.
- Assisted with egg collections, embryo transfers, IUIs and other procedures.
- Plan, admit and discharge patients for clinical procedures.
- Explain procedures, answer queries, check and complete documentation with patients throughout their care pathway.
- Provide on-going support and guidance to patients at the point of pregnancy test and pregnancy scan.
- Participate in the on-call rota for the emergency phone and be competent in dealing with queries appropriately.
We are also looking for:
- Knowledge of fertility treatment, HFEA code of practice, infection control, incident reporting and ultrasound scanning.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organisation.
- Able to work as part of a team but also on your own initiative.
- A commitment to patient centred care and service.
- Excellent listening skills along with being always professional and friendly.
- Non-judgemental approach to treating patients from diverse backgrounds and family structures.
|With current registration as a Nurse or Midwife, we are looking for candidate who is enthusiastic about learning and training. We are looking for someone who can bring their experience of completing patient documentation, adhering to SOPs and policies, venepuncture and ultrasound scanning to the role, as well as an interest in all areas of assisted conception. Experience in working in this area is not necessary, although desirable, as training will be provided.
• Essential to be registered with the NMC as a nurse or midwife.
• Essential to have 12 months post registration experience working within a fertility clinic, hospital setting.
• Desirable but not essential to have experience of fertility/gynae/obstetric, theatre experience, venepuncture, and ultra-scanning.
|Salary £40,000 to £50,000 (depending on experience)
|Once position is filled