Fertility Nurse Manager - Bristol Centre for Reproductive Medicine
Bristol Centre for Reproductive
Bristol, United Kingdom
| | | | Apply Now!
Fertility Nurse Manager – Bristol Centre for Reproductive Medicine
Highly competitive salary
The Bristol Centre for Reproductive Medicine is seeking an outstanding fertility nurse for the position of BCRM Fertility Nurse Manager. The successful candidate for this unique post may be an existing Fertility Nurse Manager or an experienced fertility nurse who is looking for an exciting challenge to develop on to the next stage of their career.
The BCRM is an internationally recognised independent IVF unit that treats both NHS & private patients. As one of the largest clinics in the South West, at our purpose built facility we use state of the art equipment and modern based technologies to provide innovative & evidence based developments to ongoing improvements to our patient’s experience. We pride ourselves on our multi-disciplinary approach to patient care and team working and are committed to providing excellent, expert care to patients & developing our team. If you are ready for a new challenge come and join our forward thinking progressive team.
The successful candidate will coordinate both clinical nursing, theatre and sonography services and be a member of our Senior Management Team. Your contribution to our clinic meetings & Senior Team meetings will be valued.
• To oversee and coordinate the patient journey involving nursing care throughout treatment.
• To participate in mentoring, coaching, teaching, training and supervision of fertility nurses, students and trainees
• To ensure that all treatments undertaken meet the regulatory standards & meet full compliance of the HFEA, ISO & CQC.
• Responsibility for the day-day management of the Clinical Nursing & Theatre Nursing team facilitating a strong team ethos amongst the team
• Develop & contribute to the formulation of policy & practice for the nursing team.
• To maintain competencies within the profession & to ensure the nursing team are continually developed & monitored.
• Contribute to evidence-based research & service improvements.
• Contribute to managing change and continuous improvement programmes
• To manage nurses off duty, annual leave & on call rota, ensuring safe staffing within the unit
• To assist patient management and service delivery by providing nursing advice from the nursing or sonography perspective.
• To develop, maintain and audit standard operating procedures, protocols as practices and embrace new technology developments.
• To work with the Quality Manager to ensure that nursing aspects of regulatory requirement from the HFEA/ISO & CQC are developed & updated as required.
• To participate in mentoring, coaching, teaching, training and supervision of fertility nurses, students and trainees.
• To attend Nurse Management meetings and share best practice with peers