Eva Ulehlova, MS, ELD(ABB), EMB(ACE),CLS(ASCP,CA)
San Francisco, CA
Utilize the 25 years of extensive laboratory experience as a Senior Embryologist/Manager/Laboratory Director in a cutting edge laboratory/offering CAP accreditation by USA strict laboratory standards
Flexible, dedicated, excited, experienced, offering strong management support, hard worker, quick learner, energetic, self starter, caring, competent, seeking out new technologies, keeping up with continuing education, teacher, a leader by example.
Extensive clinical laboratory experience
1. Oversee daily clinical laboratory operations, coordinate personnel activities and monitor workload. Delegate and oversee staff assignments.
2. Excellent communication skills with patients, collaborate with clinical staff and physicians including strong supervisory and leadership skills, project management skills and communication skills. Work both independently and as part of a team demonstrating excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
3. Hire resource staff and handle performance evaluations, disciplinary action, layoffs and terminations as required. Schedule, train and supervise personnel, including cross training to provide backup capabilities.
4. Oversee and as required perform technical procedures related to the cell culture of human embryos. Perform a variety of cutting edge biotechnological procedures involving ICSI, TESE, assisted hatching, blastocyst culture, embryo freezing and thawing, egg vitrification, embryo biopsy, PGD day 3 and day5,6.
5. Supervise technologists and perform all aspects of andrology, endocrinology testing. Ensure the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of record keeping including: schedules, log books, records of user activity, supply inventories, equipment use and maintenance and monthly billing.
6. Maintain Tissue Bank documentation, CAP, CLIA to be compliant with federal regulations and for federal audits. Write, review and approve documents such as records, SOPs, and validation reports.
7. Follow and enforce good tissue practice guidelines HC/TTP as mandated by recent FDA regulations. Familiar with FDA tissue regulations and experience with process, equipment qualification and validation.
8. Interface with quality control, quality assurance and regulatory affairs to comply with established policies. Coordinate product testing, product release for use in the laboratory. Oversee instruction and training of other laboratory technicians in cell culture, ICSI, TESE, assisted hatching and other SOP’s and laboratory policies.
9. Monitor and maintain equipment and coordinate annual lab shut-down for calibration, repairs and maintenance.
10. Plan with senior staff/physicians in determining long-term goals, laboratory needs and in setting operating policies. Maintain cost effectiveness and usefulness of the laboratory; work with senior leadership to develop annual resource budget and strategic plans.
11. Design, implement new laboratory procedures to stay abreast with a constantly changing field of IVF laboratory procedures to stay competitive with the best programs.
San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA Dec. 2003
- MS Clinical Sciences concentration Immunology
Master’s thesis in Embryology (Embryo Cryopreservation)
Sacramento State University, Sacramento, CA 1985-1989
- BS Biological Science- Concentration in Medical Technology and
Public Health Microbiology
University of California- Davis School of Medical Technology 1989-1990 Sacramento, CA
- Medical Technology Internship
California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license # MTA 38674 1991
Hawaii Clinical Laboratory Scientist license #4322 2004
ASCP- Medical Technologist 1991
ABB- Technical Supervisor (embryology) 1996
ABB- Moderate Complexity Laboratory Director 1996
ABB- Embryology Laboratory Director (SART qualified) 2003
EMB- American College of Embryology 2011
- IVFLABCONSULTANT, LLC 2007-present
Per Diem embryology services, full ART laboratory services, consultation, new IVF and andrology laboratory set-up, new procedure development, staff hire, retention and training, regulatory affairs. Prepare laboratory for initial CAP certification as part of SART membership, CA Tissue bank licensure, FDA licensure and regulations, CLIA regulations, implement quality control, quality assurance, quality improvement processes.
1.Senior Embryologist/Embryology Lab Director
Per Diem full service IVF laboratory and embryology services
IVF laboratory manager and laboratory director
Monterey, California 2013 Jan-present
2.Off-site ELD(ABB) Laboratory Director, Manager, CLS technical supervisor
IVF CENTER, IRVINE, CA 2011-present
Off Site embryology laboratory director, Manager, senior per-diem Embryologist, CLS technical supervisor
3.Off-site ELD(ABB) Laboratory Director, Manager, CLS technical supervisor
CACRM, Encinitas, CA 2010-present
Contract per-diem embryology services, new IVF and andrology lab set-up, initial CAP accreditation and follow up, FDA, CLIA, CA Tissue Bank Certification, SART. All embryology services associated with full service IVF. Prepare laboratory for initial CAP certification as part of SART membership, CA Tissue bank licensure, FDA licensure and regulations, implement quality control, quality assurance, quality improvement processes. Laboratory certification and set-up, equipment set-up, purchase, validation and calibration, staff hire/supervision. New procedure implementation and development. Routine embryology work including ICSI, assisted hatching, PGS, vitrification, andrology service and supervision, Tese.
Senior Embryologist, Per Diem
Per Diem full service IVF laboratory and embryology services
New staff andrology and embryology training
Barbados, West Indies 2012April-Dec
Senior Embryologist, Per Diem/IVF lab manager and supervisor
Per Diem full service new IVF laboratory set up and embryology services
Westlake IVF, Austin, TX 2011-2012
Laboratory Director, Manager, Senior Embryologist, CLS technical supervisor
East Bay Fertility Center, Inc. Dublin, CA 2008-2009
Contract per-diem embryology services, new IVF lab build-out and set-up, CAP, FDA, CLIA, CA Tissue Bank Certification. Embryology, Andrology, Medical Technology services associated with full service IVF. Prepare laboratory for initial CAP certification, CA Tissue bank, FDA regulations, implement quality control, quality assurance, quality improvement processes. Routine embryology work including ICSI, assisted hatching, slow freeze, vitrification, embryo biopsy, andrology, Tese.
Senior Embryologist, Andrologist, CLS
Pacific IVF Clinic, Honolulu, HI 2008
IVF Clinical Laboratory Staffing-Per Diem Contract on-call embryology services, Embryology, Andrology services associated with full service IVF. Routine embryology work including ICSI, assisted hatching, slow freeze, vitrification, andrology, Tese.
North Bay Fertility Center, INC, Greenbrae, Santa Rosa, CA 2000-2007
IVF Laboratory Supervisor, Laboratory Supervisor and Manager
Oversee daily operations in IVF laboratory, Andrology and endocrinology laboratory. Supervise a full service IVF laboratory. Design and implement new IVF laboratory procedures, protocols in the IVF laboratory. Perform all hands-on embryology, cell culture, micromanipulation, cryopreservation, andrology testing. Prepare laboratories for CAP inspections, CA Tissue Bank, FDA regulations, SART; implement quality control, quality assurance. Responsibilities include supervising, managing and co-directing two IVF CAP accredited laboratories.
Pacific Fertility Center, San Francisco, CA 1991-1999
IVF Laboratory Technical Supervisor/Laboratory Manager (1994-1999)
Embryologist, Andrologist, Medical Technologist (1991-1994)
Oversee daily operations of IVF laboratory with up to 1,000 IVF cases, 150
FET cases yearly. Supervision of onsite Andrology Laboratory and Endocrinology Laboratory. Work along – side Dr. Frank Barnes, PhD, David Gardner, PhD perfecting new technologies available in IVF laboratory such as blastocyst culture, blastocyst freezing, IVM, ICSI, TESE. Staff training on new procedures, hands-on embryology, oocyte identification, cell culture, embryo cryopreservation, ICSI, TESE, MESA, assisted hatching, andrology, semen analysis, hormone testing. Instrumental in initial CAP accreditation, CLIA, CA State Certification and Tissue Bank.
Sacramento Blood Center, Sacramento, CA 1990-1991
Perform daily testing in a full service HLA laboratory. Perform histocompatibility testing on potential kidney transplant recipients/donors, bone marrow registry HLA typing. Follow established protocols and perform quality control and quality assurance associated with histocompatibility laboratory.
Courses and New technologies:
Preimplantation Genetics Diagnosis Biopsy D3/D5/D6 2003-2015
Vitrification oocyte/embryo Seminars/Dr Kuwyama egg vitrification 2006-2015
CAP Inspector Certification