Merrion Fertility Clinic is a not for profit organisation affiliated to the National Maternity Hospital. It is one of the leading providers of Assisted Reproduction Services in Ireland. We currently have a vacancy for an experienced Embryologist to join our dynamic team.
Carrying out approximately 450 IVF/ICSI cycles per annum, we offer the full range of laboratory diagnostics and assisted conception techniques including; blastocyst culture, vitrification, surgical sperm retrieval and time lapse incubation.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a diligent and highly motivated individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Applicants must have the ability to work independently as well as within a multi-disciplinary team, be able to apply their knowledge and skills at the highest level and be able to prioritise workloads effectively.
This is a full-time, specified purpose contract (maternity leave cover). It will require some on-call and weekend work on a rotational basis.
- The Embryologist will work as part of the laboratory team and is expected to apply scientific knowledge, skill and expertise at the required professional level for the full range of clinical embryology procedures in the provision of high quality care to patients.
- The successful candidate will carry out all laboratory procedures necessary to provide a comprehensive assisted conception service, whilst adhering to all relevant standard operating procedures.
- Laboratory tasks will include (but are not limited to) semen analysis and preparation both for diagnostic and clinical applications (including preparation of surgically retrieved sperm); oocyte retrievals; inseminations (IVF and ICSI); fertilisation checks; embryo and blastocyst assessments and transfers, gamete/embryo vitrification and warming.
- Experience with time lapse systems (Embryoscope), embryo biopsy and PGS/PGD is preferable but not essential.
- The Embryologist must also contribute to service evaluation, audit, troubleshooting and the refinement of quality control measures. They will audit data, assess performance indicators and work to improve patient information, service and treatment outcome.
- The successful candidate should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work with exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- Merrion Fertility Clinic strives to provide a full range of services to our patients and continuously aims to improve those already available. The successful candidate would be required to assist and/or manage the development and introduction of new projects.