||Dr. NIDHI RAWAT
||Contact Dr. NIDHI
|As per my qualification and experience in the field of embryology. I can with ease take the onus of running and maintaining the entire ART unit with prompt coordination for its smooth functioning. If given the opportunity, I will to the best of my capabilities fulfil my duties for a smooth, efficient and successful running of IVF unit.|
- Four years working experience in embryology and stem cells, as Ph.D student in Embryo Biotechnology Lab, National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal
- Six months hands on experience at Urogyn IVF centre (Delhi) as junior embryologist
- Completed an introductory training course in ART under Dr. Kresi Averi from EART academy, Mumbai
- CLINICAL LABORATORY SKILLS
- Preparation of culture dishes for IVF and ICSI
- Follicular fluid screening for OCC
- Identification of oocytes
- Culture of oocytes, conventional IVF
- Fertilization check, monitoring of embryos and grading of oocytes upto day 5
- Operation and handling of Nikon and Olympus inverted microscope
- Pipette alignment
- Sperm stopping
- Preparation of ICSI dishes
2. ANDROLOGY LABORATORY
- Semen analysis
- Semen preparation for IUI, IVF and ICSI
- Testicular tissue preparation
3. LABORATORY MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Record keeping
- Familiar with CONSENTS, SOP’S and ART regulations
- Trouble shooting in embryology lab
4. CRYOPRESERVATION LABORATORY SKILLS
- Vitrification and thawing of embryos
- Semen cryopreservation
- Management of vitrified embryos and semen
- Ph.D. in Animal Biotechnology (achieved with first class)
ICAR- National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal (2013-2017)
- Master in Animal Biochemistry (achieved with first class)
ICAR- National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal (2011- 2013)
- Graduation in Biotechnology (Hons.) (achieved with first class) Punjab University, Chandigarh (2008-2011)
Marital status- Unmarried
|Interests and Hobbies:
Held the position of Art and Craft Secretary in NDRI Student Council during 2012-2013.
Held the position of Literary Secretary in NDRI Student Council during 2013-2014.
International conferences attended:
International Conference on Reproductive Health with Emphasis on Occupational, Environmental and Lifestyle Factors and 26th Annual Meetings of the Indian Society for the Study of Reproduction and Fertility, Organised by National Institute of Occupational Health (ICMR), Ahmedabad on February 18-20, 2016
International Conference on Reproductive Health with Emphasis on Strategies for Infertility, Assisted Reproduction and Family Planning, organised by Division of Reproductive Biology & Maternal Health and Child Health (ICMR), New Delhi on 23rd- 25th January, 2017
Scientific articles in international peer-reviewed journals
N. Rawat, Sandhya, Subaharan K, Eswaramoorthy E, Gautam Kaul (2016) Comparative in vivo toxicity assessment places multiwalled carbon nanotubes at a higher level than mesoporous silica nanoparticles. Toxicology and Industrial Health, 33(2): 1-11.
Rawat N and Singh MK (2017) Induced pluripotent stem cell: A headway in reprogramming with promising approach in regenerative biology, Veterinary World, 10(6): 640-649.
M. Mahajan, D. Nagoorvali, N.Rawat, M. S. Chauhan, R. S. Manik, S. K. Singla, P. Palta and M. K. Singh (2016) “Oviductal epithelial cells co-culture promotes Goat (Capra hircus) in vitro parthenogenetic embryo development” Reprod. Fert. Dev, 29(1) 152-152.
M. Tiwari, N. Rawat, P. Vats, D. Nagoorvali, M. Mahajan, M. S. Chauhan, R. S. Manik, S. K. Singla, P. Palta and M. K. Singh (2016) “Methylation status of igf2/h19 dmr3 region affects in vitro blastocyst production in Goat (capra hircus)” Reprod. Fert. Dev, 29(1) 152-152.