We have an excellent opportunity for a Donation Nurse to join us at our Northampton clinic. You will be responsible for meeting the individual needs of patients and their partners attending our respected clinic. You will work closely with patients throughout their journey to coordinate treatment cycles and ensure compliance standards are met.
We understand that this is a complex treatment; so full training will be given and we also have established governance and support structures within our clinics to help you deliver patient requirements. We offer unrivalled opportunities and this is an excellent role in which to further develop your career at CARE Fertility.
- Provide an expert service to patients seeking fertility treatment using donated eggs and sperm (or commissioning surrogacy arrangements)
- Meet and consult prospective egg donors, sperm donors and egg sharers so they fully understand the donation process
- Meet and consult patients who require donated eggs or sperm as part of their treatment
- Support the donation coordinator and the team in the efficient running and future development of the donation service
- Work in the out- patient setting advising patients on their treatment cycle, ensuring patient consent and teaching patients how to inject drugs
- Prepare theatre and assist with procedures
Who you are
Great team player? Real people person? Someone who loves helping others? As well as being passionate about patient care, you’ll need the following skills:
- A registered nurse or registered midwife
- Essential to have post registration experience working within an acute hospital setting / Women’s health area
- Desirable but not essential to have experience of gynae/obstetric, theatre experience, venepuncture and ultra-scanning
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal, numerical skills and IT
- Act as a CARE Fertility ambassador and as a role model as an IVF Nurse and be accountable for own actions
- A desire for continuous personal and professional development by reading relevant material and attending appropriately identified courses and conferences
What we’ll do for you
In a culture where hard work and great results are recognised, you can look forward to a competitive salary. That’s on top of a pension scheme, life assurance, and a range of other benefits. We’re committed to developing our talent; hence, CARE Fertility works in partnership with respected academic institutions to offer you and your team professional development opportunities.
CARE Fertility is the one of the largest independent providers of fertility treatments in the world and draw on the knowledge of our wider team of over 600 dedicated doctors, embryologists, nurses and support staff who all work together to ensure our patients get the very best chance of success.
Our excellent service to our patients has allowed for market growth which means we continuously seek new and fresh talent to complement our current team as well as developing our people to reach their full potential. Join our team and look forward to a challenging and rewarding role, with great results bringing great opportunity for recognition and promotion with the CARE Group.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.