Deputy Scientific Director
Pelaco Building 2 Ground Floor, 21-31 Goodwood Street
About Monash IVF
Monash IVF Group is a leading provider of fertility care, specialist women's imaging and diagnostic services in Australia and Malaysia.
Today a baby is born every two and a half hours thanks to the care and expertise of Monash IVF Group.
Monash IVF Group employs more than 600 passionate staff together with over 100 doctors across its 20 Australian fertility clinics and 17 ultrasound practices.
About the role:
The incumbent will be required to maintain a high level of scientific competency and will therefore be required to undertake clinical duties across the week. The position will be a part of Monash IVF’s GSAC (Group Scientific Advisory Committee) and is expected to contribute to the strategic direction of science across the Group, including but not limited to the continuous improvement of policies and procedures relating to success rates.
Reporting to the Scientific Director (Vic) in this newly created role, you will also be responsible for:
- Effective and efficient management of the lab’s day to day activities to achieve clinical excellence
- External and internal Quality Control management including external accreditation by National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA), International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and Reproductive Technology Accreditation Committee (RTAC), in addition to managing annual laboratory audit schedule.
- Implementation and review of policies and procedures consistent with the Monash way, including compliance with protocols and quality systems
- Implementation of new technologies/equipment within the lab
- Drive and implement research projects to drive scientific leadership
- Liaison with other department managers to ensure effective and efficient patient experience
- Supporting the Scientific Director in scientific and laboratory related matters and acting in the role when the Scientific Director is absent or unavailable
- Management of staff and resources including rostering, approving leave and conducting performance reviews
- Support staff development through the preparation and delivery of an annual staff training plan.
- As a member of a team of Scientists and Technical Officers, ensure the provision of a high quality and professional laboratory service.
- Resolve or escalate day-to-day operational problems
- Provide excellent service and care to patients
- Manage laboratory resources to ensure efficient and effective use and met within budget
- Manage the technical and organizational aspects of all Laboratories
Ideally you will bring:
- Demonstrated leadership experience across multiple laboratory types
- Previous fertility laboratory experience in a relevant field
- Postgraduate Qualification (or working towards completion) preferably a PhD in a relevant field (minimum requirement to meet RTAC requirements of a Scientific Director).
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable
- Strong patient awareness and customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of the importance of Quality management
- Microsoft skills (intermediate)
- Demonstrated scientific profile as evidenced by presentations or publications on local, national or international scale.
Monash IVF Group employees will be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary and compensation
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional development and career development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition program including recognised career milestones achieved
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
How to move forward:
The Monash IVF Group is committed to attracting and retaining the very best talent in the industry. To express your interest in applying for this opportunity, click ‘Apply Now”
Closing date: 23 June 2019
(03) 9420 8207
||23 June 2019