Job Title: Consultant – Gynaecologist & IVF Specialist
Reports to: Medical Director
Location: London – Harley Street
Status: Permanent & Full Time
About London Women’s Clinic:
The London Women’s Clinic provides fertility treatment to women and couples across England and Wales. Established in 1985 in Harley Street, the London Women's Clinic has since pioneered many of the routine techniques used to treat fertility today.
Our state-of-the-art facilities include on-site laboratories and theatres led by a team of consultants and nursing staff with over 30 years’ experience. We also have regional centres in the South East, North East, and West of England, and Wales, giving patient’s local access world-class fertility care.
• To provide excellent reproductive medicine care according to LWC guidelines and protocols, including appropriate investigation, synthesis of clinical data and advice on treatment plans. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the planning and performance of all relevant aspects of IVF and donor IVF treatment cycles, IUI and donor insemination, including male and female surgery (sperm and egg retrievals, ultrasound and embryo transfer) for assigned patients in a timely, safe and effective manner.
• To participate in all relevant aspects of egg donation and the egg sharing programme. In accordance with the Clinic’s ethical policies and the HFEA regulations, the clinic accepts single sex, heterosexual and transsexual couples for ART treatment.
• To review and audit clinical data and, if necessary, apply changes to established protocols in line with the Document Control procedures, in order to enhance the performance of the treatment cycles. The Clinic expects to be a high performer in terms of the success rates with the intended target of at least 40% birth rate per embryo transfer for patients less than 38 years of age.
• To be fully aware of and responsible towards the legislative framework governing ART and to ensure complete compliance with the paperwork and correspondence with patients, the HFEA, and the Clinic’s Clinical Governance and Executive Committee.
• To respectfully co-ordinate, support and (when requested), supplement the efforts of the other members of the ART team i.e. nursing, embryology, counselling, administration and quality assurance for the optimum performance of the Clinic. A clear appreciation and aptitude for key management skills and the importance of teamworking, mutual support and respect in a multidisciplinary team setting is paramount, as is an appreciation of the need to be punctual and flexible in the delivery of services outside standard office hours when required.
• To participate in Clinical Governance including participation in clinical audit, research (where appropriate), and fully co-operating in implementing improvements in order to achieve best practice.
• To assist in key marketing and public relations campaigns to promote the centre either in isolation or in conjunction with other primary/satellite Centres.
• To be fully conversant with the emerging trends and ideas in ART technology for the benefit of the ART programme and the Centre’s patients.
• To ensure that patient confidentiality is maintained at all times.
• To comply with the GMC’s guidance on ‘Good Medical Practice’ as amended or substituted from time to time. To enable and maintain registration with the GMC.
• To maintain personal and professional development.
Relevant skills & experience
• Relevant LWC forms, Standard Operating Procedures and information.
• To be aware of and implement the ambassadorial aspect of the post.
• Emergency situation Standard Operating Procedures.
• Confidentiality requirements.
• Health and Safety SOPs and policies.
• Experience of people management.
• Health and Safety procedures, including Manual Handling, Fire and Infection Control.
• Competent in Basic Life Support (BLS).
• Quality Management System requirements.
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook and Explorer.
• Experience of relevant databases - IDEAS, enquiry tracker and I Match.