Oxford, United Kingdom
| | | | Apply Now!
Oxford Fertility is part of the Fertility Partnership, which is one of the largest providers of IVF in the UK. Our clinics, our staff and our patients, benefit from the partnership and all the expertise within the group.
To ensure the delivery of all embryology and andrology services for the assessment and treatment of infertility.
As part of the embryology team, an embryologist will be expected to perform all routine day to day activities in the embryology and andrology laboratories. Supervise junior embryology and technician staff if required and ensure appropriate laboratory protocols and standard operating procedures are followed at all times.
The post holder’s roles will also include clinical liaison and routine clinical decision making within the embryology laboratory.
The post is ideally suited to candidates with about 2 years clinical experience or more and candidates who wish to expand on their clinical experience and take on specific areas of responsibility. ICSI or biopsy experience is desirable though not essential as training will be given.
The candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, be a team player, able to work independently and have good attention to detail in order to help deliver a high quality laboratory service.
Being HCPC registered or working towards would be very much desired for this post.
An Embryologist must have the skills, knowledge and experience detailed in the National Occupational Standards for Clinical Embryology including:
1. An understanding of the biology and scientific evidence underpinning clinical Embryology practice
2. An understanding of working related disciplines
3. An appropriate level of clinical experience
4. An appropriate level of supervision and management skills
5. An Understanding of Prevailing legislation
6. An understanding of, and ability to apply quality assurance and monitoring of lab performance.
7. The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, patients and other disciplines.
Permanent post subject to 6 month probation period.
Annual leave entitlement 27 days, with leave year starting on 1 January.
Group Personal Pension Scheme consisting of 6% employee contribution and 6% employer contribution.