Manchester Fertility is one of the UK’s leading private fertility clinics. Based in Cheadle in South Manchester, we help patients to realise their dream of starting a family and have helped more than 6500 babies to be born.
As one of the first private fertility clinics, established more than 30 years ago, we pride ourselves on being innovative, nurturing and offering the highest level of care. Patients have access to the latest fertility treatments and specialist doctors who are experts in their field and we are proud to have one of the largest donor egg and sperm banks in the UK.
It is our personal approach which sets us apart and gives us our outstanding reputation for excellent patient care and innovation.
As an employer, we offer this same care to all of our colleagues and can offer a diverse, interesting and supportive career. We are proud of our great working environment and loyal and dedicated team and will continue to invest to help our colleagues and our patients.
To perform all aspects of Clinical Embryology laboratory work and assist with administrative activities within the Embryology laboratory and office.
- Perform all aspects of clinical embryology laboratory work, including:
- Oocyte retrieval, insemination and fertilisation check
- Semen preparation, freezing and diagnostic analysis
- Embryo grading, selection and transfer
- Oocyte and embryo cryopreservation and thawing/warming
- Embryoscope annotation
- Embryo biopsy for PGT-A
- Deliver the highest standards of patient care to all Manchester Fertility and Satellite patients
- Discuss fertilisation results, embryo quality, day to transfer, number to transfer and cryopreservation with patients during their treatment cycle.
- Participate in the daily clinical and administrative activities within the Embryology laboratory and office
- Independently advise clinical and nursing staff on the interpretation of results
- Maintain accurate laboratory records and submit HFEA outcome forms
- Assist with audits within the unit as required
- Assist in the diagnostic Andrology laboratory as required
- Perform sperm donor bookings
- Assist in the evaluation and procurement of new equipment for the laboratory
- Supervision of junior team members where appropriate
- Participate in the weekend and on-call rota as required
- Knowledge of all technical aspects of Clinical Embryology
- Knowledge of the day to day running of an Embryology laboratory
- Knowledge of the legal requirements of providing an Assisted Conception Service (HFEA code of practice)
- Be aware of health and safety and COSHH legislation
- Excellent organisational skills
- Prepared to make decisions
- Good communicator
Understanding and empathy
- Behave in a professional manner at all times
- Communicate effectively when dealing with patients, colleagues and other outside parties
- Act in the best interests of Manchester Fertility and patients at all times
- Maintain professional qualifications and CPD
- Demonstrate problem solving skills
JOB SPECIFICATION, EXPERIENCE & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Life Sciences degree
- Professional qualifications (ACE/ACS certificates or STP) and experience in Embryology
- State Registered as Clinical Embryologist with Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- ICSI practitioner (desirable but not essential)
Full time position (37.5hrs per week) however part time would be considered.