We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our multi-disciplinary team at our Plymouth clinic.The post is ideally suited to candidates with at least 2 years clinical experience, who have obtained HCPC state registration or working towards this.
The successful applicant will have experience in a full range of embryological techniques with a minimum of two years clinical experience. You must enjoy working within a multi-disciplinary team along with being a keen and active team player and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You must be able to work independently where possible and have good attention to detail, in order to deliver a high quality laboratory service to our patients.
The candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, be a team player, able to work independently and have good attention to detail. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a rapidly expanding clinic giving the candidate plenty of scope for personal development.
- To perform all clinical embryology and andrology duties following appropriate training and competency assessment
- To participate in laboratory maintenance tasks and assist in validation within the laboratory
- To assist in the management and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- To oversee the procurement of laboratory products and services
- To adhere to all standard operating procedures
- To inform patients of treatment options, treatment outcomes and discuss the implications
- To meet laboratory Key Performance Indexes for all critical laboratory tasks
- To participate in internal and external QA
- To assist in the implementation of decisions regarding the embryology area.
Qualifications and experience
- Life sciences degree
- HCPC State Registered or working towards this
- A solid knowledge of the HFEA Code of Practice.
- At least 2 years of clinical embryology experience
- Experience of quality management in the IVF laboratory
This position involves weekend work and on call work on a rotational basis.