Alpha - KED - CRM Andrology Pre-Congress Workshop
08 April 2014
Course Directors: Ashok Agarwal, PhD, HCLD (ABB), ELD (ACE) and M. Engin Enginsu, M.D., Ph.D.
The Turkish Society of Clinical Embryologists is happy to announce a pre-congress Andrology Workshop under the Alpha Scientists in Reproductive Medicine Meeting in Antalya from May 8-11, 2014. This workshop is designed for the biologists, embryologist, andrologist or physicians to learn the basic and advanced laboratory tests and protocols used in the evaluation of male infertility and assisted reproduction. This is a unique opportunity to attend one of the most prestigious workshops in Laboratory Andrology and Male Infertility being organized and directed by renowned Andrologist & ART experts; Prof. Ashok Agarwal from the United States and M. Engin Enginsu M.D., Ph.D. from Turkey.
There is ample opportunity for interaction with the speakers and this course is endorsed by the prestigious Center for Reproductive Medicine at Cleveland Clinic.
It gives us great pleasure to welcome you to this unique workshop. We hope that you will enjoy your experience with us.
WORKSHOP HIGHLIGHTS (May 8, 2014)
Workshop attendance will be free of charge thus seating is limited!! First come first serve basis will be applied.
• Demonstration and explanation of latest instruments, kits and protocolsused in human assisted reproduction laboratories.
• Experienced Turkish biologists/ embryologists will guide the workshop. There will be 9 work stations as described in the scientific program.
• An experienced Andrologists/ Embryologists will be in-charge of each work station.
• Workshop Faculty at each work station will teach, demonstrate and train in important andrology and ART techniques.
The list of work stations is given below:
1. Semen Analysis
2. Computer-Assisted Semen Analysis (CASA)
3. Sperm Morphology by Strict Criteria (WHO 5th edition)
4. Leukocyte detection (Peroxidase staining/ Endtz test)
5. Vitality Test:Eosin – Nigrosin staining and Hypoosmotic swelling test (HOS)
6. Sperm Preparation Methods for:
• IUI (Swim-up and DDG)
• Retrograde Ejaculation
• Infected Samples (HIV, Hepatitis)
• Ejaculated Sperm for ICSI
• Extracted Sperm for ICSI (TESE/ PESA/ MESA)
7. Sperm DNA damage (HBA, Aniline Blue)
8. Sperm Selection for ICSI (Morphology/ Hyaluronan based PICSI/ IMSI)
9. Semen Cryopreservation for Ejaculated and Testicular sperm
Participants will receive the following materials at the end the course:
1. WHO Laboratory Manual for the examination and processing of human semen, 5th Edition, 2010
2. Handbook of Andrology
3. Protocols of all laboratory techniques to be demonstrated
4. Certificate of Training
We hope to share this experience with you on May 8th, 2014.
M. Engin Enginsu, M.D., Ph.D.
Turkish Society of Clinical Embryologists
Andrology Workshop Coordinator
Ashok Agarwal, PhD, HCLD (ABB), ELD (ACE)
Director Andrology Center
Director, Center for Reproductive Medicine
Cleveland Clinic, United States
Dr. Ashok Agarwal
Dr. Engin Enginsu
Dr. Ahmet Ayaz
Dr. Çiler Özenci
Dr. Sinan Özkavukçu
Customer Reviews (0)
write a review
(No reviews found. You may write the first one!)