Advanced Nurse Practitioner
CARE Fertility Sheffield
Sheffield , United Kingdom
| | | | Apply Now!
For over 20 years CARE Fertility has been the UK’s leading fertility clinic group for IVF Treatment. With more than 28,000 babies born so far with the help of CARE Fertility, we are proud that all our Clinics success rates are significantly above the national average of 33.4%
In order to maintain this success, we are currently seeking a highly skilled Advanced Nurse Practitioner to work in our Sheffield Clinic on a full time basis. This role requires the individual to perform an extended clinical role including tasks such as consultation, ultrasound scanning and operative procedures. So therefore having experience of performing all aspects of ultrasound scanning for the management of fertility treatment and being skilled in a range operative procedures relevant to fertility is essential.
The ideal candidate will have experience planning and managing all aspects of a patient’s fertility treatment, be skilled in a range of operative procedures relevant to fertility and be a qualified Nurse Prescriber. It would be advantageous if the candidates processed an MSc in Advanced Practice, however this is not essential.
CARE Fertility are currently investing heavily in nursing development, which will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to participate in research and development activities and develop their skills further in the fertility sector.
This role is subject to an enhanced disclosure with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
For an informal chat about this role, please contact Jo Roebuck, Clinic Director on 0114 2589716 or email [email protected]
1. To consult patients requesting and interpreting investigations, developing treatment plans and prescribing medications as an autonomous practitioner.
2. To undertake operative procedures including transvaginal oocyte recovery; embryo transfer; intra uterine insemination; endometrial scratch; hystero salpingo contrast sonography (HyCoSy) and other procedures as required subject to competence.
3. To undertake all relevant ultrasound scanning procedures.
4. To coordinate or assist with the daily running of the fertility clinic, working with the nursing team and ultrasonographer and the wider multidisciplinary team over a five day rota, including bank holidays.
5. Clinic duties including injection teaching, venepuncture, assist with the monitoring of treatment cycles.
6. Obtain patients’ consent in line with CARE’s consent policies and standard operating procedures.
7. To provide advice and information to patient regarding aspects of their treatment and provide emotional support to patients, both face to face and over the telephone.
8. Maintain accurate patient documentation, both written and computerised, in line with agreed protocols.
9. Assist in maintaining the safe custody of drugs in accordance with NMC guidelines.
10. Assist clinicians and embryologists in all procedures and adhere to CARE protocols.
11. Maintain at all times; effective communication with patients, medical staff, nursing staff and other colleagues, including liaising with other CARE centres.
12. Ensure equipment is left in good order, reporting any faults or hazards to Nurse Manager, Clinic Director or Unit Administrator.
13. Maintain professional development according to NMC guidelines, including up-to-date knowledge of current accepted practice and professional issues.
14. Maintain all standards of professionalism, performed to the NMC code of conduct.
15. Assist with promoting a quality service to patients.
16. Attend all relevant meetings.
17. To assist with patient information and marketing events.
18. Actively participate in CARE’s performance management processes and competency assessment processes.
19. To be an ambassador and facilitator for the advanced development of the nursing team.
20. To supervise and mentor nurses in advanced procedures.
21. To support, teach and assess members of the nursing team to support their advanced development and achievements against the CARE competency framework.
22. To raise the profile of the nursing team internally and externally, encouraging research activities and submission of abstracts, posters and papers.
23. To participate in the nursing audit programme and in the wider clinical audit programme.
24. To comply with the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority’s Code of Practice, the Care Standards Act 2008, the Care Standards Regulations 2010 and the Data Protection Act, with special reference to patient confidentiality.
25. To comply with the Health and Safety policies with particular reference to procedures to be followed in the event of a fire and to report all accidents and untoward incidents to the Health and Safety officer.
26. To undertake mandatory training as required.